Honda CB750 Sandcast

LENGTH OF FRONT WINKER SUPPORT STEM BOLT????????????

1941wld · 13 · 4078

1941wld

• View Profile
The question has come up to the length of the stem bolt. For a sandcast shoud it be M10x60mm or M10x 46mm? What would be correct for 3979? Yamaya is sell both and have them both labeled for a K0.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
60mm and the ones they sell are repops but good repops KP
Yabba Dabba KP

1941wld

• View Profile
Bolt, light case setting
 1 -7414
 90154-268-670
Front winker stem, all markets except Germany

Bolt, light case setting
 5084 - 7414
 90154-292-610
Front winker stem, German market only, longer than other market types

Reading the above from the production page, I would have thought the shorter ones would be correct????

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I don't have a spare stem bolt i can measure.  I tried measuring the bolt (all the same) on one of my bikes, but i come up with the smooth portion being under 40mm, then there is the threaded and the serrated ends, so i am fairly confident saying between the unexposed serrated and threaded ends, another 20mm would be present to make the difference.  The short stems in Yamiya's pictures look too short and the longer stems in the pics look just right.  

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
On 576 it's a 60 mm mount. Measurements attached for the record.
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Don't argue It's 60mm. You American Gringo's just not used to mm You guys still in the 1900s using those feet and inches  ;D KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Who you talkin' to KP??? We are metric here in Canada. Have been since the 70's. The measuremets I posted were in MM.
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Wayne, thanks for the great picture and dimensions of the front turn signal stem (bolt.)  It is definitive evidence and very helpful for any of us who need to see one. 

I am really looking forward to working with you on the website this winter to get on the website more pics like this of as many minute details of these machines as possible.

KP, i am not sure what or who you are referring to, it must be me.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You got it Swannie. (hee hee hee)  ;D Canadians aren"t Americans Wayne. :o You're way to civil to be referred to as an American Gringo.  ;)
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You got it Swannie. (hee hee hee)  ;D Canadians aren"t Americans Wayne. :o You're way to civil to be referred to as an American Gringo.  ;)

Thought maybe you had one too many Foster's KP!  ;)
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Fosters!!!!! YUK (wash my mouth out hope to die) It's pig swill  8) KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Fosters!!!!! YUK (wash my mouth out hope to die) It's pig swill  8) KP

Come over here some time KP. We'll sip back a couple of big cases of good old Canadian Beer. It even goes good  with the back bacon, eggs and home fry's in the AM.  ;)  ;D
[size=

1941wld

• View Profile
Ok, so tell me why Yamiya is selling both lengths for the bikes? What bike takes the shorter ones?

Gringos (white man in spanish) would be south of the border. Down here in Louisiana we are either Rednecks, Coonass or Cowboys