Honda CB750 Sandcast

Seat Cover - Original Honda vs. Yamiya

Joe K · 5 · 2771

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello,

For those of you who have the original Honda seat and also purchased a Yamiya seat or their seat cover, how would you rate the Yamiya seat cover to the original Honda?  I am thinking about purchasing one, but want to know if it is like the original and much better than the other seat covers being offered out there on Ebay and David Silver Spares.  I am especially concerned that the square sewn padding is nice and puffy on the Yamiya cover before I spend over $250.00.  I have attached the link for those of you that want to check it out:  

http://www.yamiya750e.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32_81&products_id=292

Thank you,
Joe K.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:34:28 pm by Joe K »

Nielsen

• View Profile
I have an original seat and just bought a complete T023 seat with red spronge from YAMIYA. Excellent quality.
I asked YAMIYA if the padding on T023 and T087 is the same. They told me that it is not the same without telling me the difference. I don`t know witch of them their seat covers are, but I`m not in doubt that they are much better than the seat covers being offered out there on Ebay or somewhere else. The seat cover on my T023 has a bit more puffy padding than the original, infact mine.
If you only bye a seat cover you have to be aware that you have foam with the correct shape. The foam I have seen on E-bay looks to have the same shape as the seats with the plastic pan. I don`t think it will fit the covers from YAMIYA.
Maby it is possible to fix a bit with the shape of the foam.

/Karsten

Joe K

• View Profile
Karsten,

Thank you for the feedback.  I always thought that the Yamiya cover would be of the best quality, but I wanted to make sure before the purchase.  I did purchase the after market foam out of England and it has a rounded shape at the top, giving it an untrue to original duck tail seat look.  I am trying to flaten out the top of this English foam with additional foam or even cut the top of the foam to smooth it out to give it the proper look.  We'll see how I do.  I just may opt for the good red foam from Yamiya.

The red foam and cover from Yamiya sounds like the best option.

Joe K.

donzie

• View Profile
Joe I have original & the yamiya seat covers & have seen all the other repoes out their. None comes close to the Yamiya's they are by far the best. You can reshape the rounded seat foam & add to it as needed with an electric carving & a 4" side grinder like used for metal work welding. Yes that is what I said a side grinder.... that is what custom upholstry shops use everyday.
Everyone wants red seat foam & thats ok but instead of springing for the yamiya red foam what I do is cut thin strips from your old sagged out original red foam & glue that over the holes in the pan. Then glue the rounded foam or what ever foam you go with over the red strips & there you have it. I buy a high quality blue foam 4" thick from an upholstery shop & make my own
hope this helps 

Joe K

• View Profile
It sure does help me, Donzie.  Thank you.  I will keep my English foam and cut the top off smooth with a side grinder and then put a Yamiya seat cover over it for a perfect Honda factory fit.

Thank you,
Joe K.