Honda CB750 Sandcast

6/12/10 Two More Sandcasts up for Sale on Ebay

Joe K · 8 · 2650

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello,

I cannot believe this.  There are two more sandcasts up for sale on Ebay this week.  I think this is the 4th and 5th sandcasts I have seen up for sale this year on Ebay.  I don't recall seeing that many in the past 4 years combined.  One of them is a low number located in Los Angeles.  I wish I could afford to purchase it because that's where I live and I wouldn't have to pay for shipping.  Here they are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150454499603&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230486365415&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Joe K.

jimwho

• View Profile
It will be interesting to see what these bring- they are a bit rougher than the last couple of creampuffs that were sold.

jim,

markb

• View Profile
The LA one is tempting.  I think the opening bid on the Texas one is way high for its condition.
Mark
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Joe K

• View Profile
The LA one will go for a lot of money because it is a low engine VIN number.  I agree with Mark, the other bike in Texas is going for too high of an amount for not being restored.  It is interesting to see so much sandcast activity, lately.  Must be the economy or some people that have had the bikes in their garages for a long time are figuring that they can cash in on a great collectible bike.  Buy them up guys!

Joe K.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:41:30 am by Joe K »

cb7504

• View Profile
There are a lot of lookers on the LA bike and should go for a good price. Even with the time and monies needed to restore it will be well worth it. Marty K.

cb7504

• View Profile
I agree with Mark and Joe on the Texas bike for the condition the price is a little much and it still has a way to go to make it worth time and effort and pleasing to the eye. Marty K.

cb7504

• View Profile