Honda CB750 Sandcast

BLACK ABS SIDE COVERS

1941wld

• View Profile
Hi Guys, I feel it would be good to give a review of aftermarket parts we buy from vendors around the world. Donzie bought a pair of black side covers from LPM out of England. They come with no holes in them for the emblems and no clips to bend over for the inside grills. He painted them and mounted them on his daily rider. It was not long after they showed signs of warping. Could be a combination of thickness and or material of construction. Now LPM also sells a very nice air box that shows not sign of warpage. Same material, different thickness and it see less direct sunlight. I see a set of side covers on eBay right now for $120.00. If you want a set after reading this review, you can buy them direct from LPM for less.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/L-P-M-Plastic-Motorcycle-Parts

I bought a set of white ones from Yamiya. I will give a review of these after I get a few miles on them.

On a different note: Thanks go out to Mark. I got my confirmation from Yamaya on the new Louts Roots exhaust pipes will be ready for shipping next month. Those who are getting a set, I have a question. Do you plan on applying a internal coating to these very expensive pipes? If so what are you going to use?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've always thought these guys are generally pretty good with their repop stuff so would seem from your experience that some of their product may be so so. I don't like the black side covers because they lack the tags for the screens. The Yamiya covers are indeed first class and are made from what looks to be very good material. Whilst I have a set, they are unused so I cannot attest to their durability but they sure look the part. Cheap as well KP 8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:35:21 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP