Honda CB750 Sandcast

Stanley signal lenses?

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I know the Stanley lenses are the original, but which of the two types I have are accurate? One type has lettering on the outer edege, and the other has the same + some lettering in from the outer edge.

The lettering in from the outer edge includes two A's that are circled.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The early STANLEY lenses have minimal lettering & numbering on them.

The lettering and numbering, located on the periphery of the lens, is as follows:

"STANLEY 60345 AU406H SAE D67 Made in Japan"

Only late manufacture lenses have the letters with circles around them AND alot more letters & numbers

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Posted by cnoel "Guest"

Thanks.

I got 4 of each type from that chopper builder. I didn't know which was original because my bike had no front signals, and no lenses when I bought it.

Does anyone need more? I can go get some from him. He has a whole crate full of old signals.

Do the original front signals have taipered extension brackets?

I took the taipered ones but I can go back and get non taipered.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Well I have my 17mm short straight collars. I have a mess of lenses. Some of them I have found cracks in or gouges. I have did get 4 that just needed a little wet sand and polish. They restored so easy.... and nice.

Some of the signals I have came with solid blue + orange wires.
others have black wires with shrinky blue + orange indicators on them.

Should I use the solid color wires, or the black color coded wires?

Also I'll need to see which is right or left.

Also, also do I use #8 bolts to hold the sockets onto the arms? Or chrome? Some of them came with #8 bolts.

As far as my rear signals I need to know how long the leads should be. mine are only about 3 inches long. If I know how long they should be I'll solder the ends onto new wire lengths.

Thanks again, Chris.