1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not an Ozzie saying that one. A brand of beer sold in the UK. In fact it was the beer I liked to drink when I was there Not sure what the local lads think of it but it was on tap in most of the pubs I went to and a tasty drop I might add. ;D

OK I missed the post from Pete. Anyway that's it ............... and goooooooooood stuff
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:25:26 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

UK Pete

• View Profile
Yes a couple of bottles of this and you certainly know about it, it is an aquired taste though but if your in to real ales then this is a good one,
anyway sorry the thread seems to be going off subject

Pete

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Darn it! Forgot the oil pan bolts and a few other little items when I had my zinc plating done. I'll have to see if I can get a a small batch done at a reasonable cost. On the up side, got the kick start gear, flange and return spring installed! :) After a few frustrating attempts I walked away from it for a minute, came back and tried once more. Seemed to just slide together! I guess it's all in the way you hold your mouth!  ;D Case halves should be back together soon! I think they miss each other after all this time! :)
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well it's a good day here in the great white north! :) It's warm, sunny and my engine cases are back together!!  ;D As I said in another thread I decided to go with Permatex MotoSeal 1 - Ultimate Grey for my sealer. It says to apply, brush an even layer, let it sit for a minute mate up the cases. Well. I can tell you that getting it on all the surfaces and getting a nice even layer, being careful around main bearing etc. takes a few minutes so hopefully it hold well. It seems to dry pretty fast but I got just a wee tad of "squish out" that I can see on the perimeter of the cases, so fingers crossed!

Thanks to Mark I found myself being somewhat anal when it came to preparing to bolt things up. I even rinsed my sockets out with Brake Kleens before I used them! Didn't want anything to mar up those shiny re-zinc'd fasteners. :) Also, I went with Mark's idea of using stainless "form B" washers on the 6 and 8 mm engine case bolts. (except the 2 on the rear that have nuts) These washers are the exact dimensions of the originals and are the same thickness. (form B washers are thinner than a standard washer. Again, thanks for the tips Mark. Keep em' coming!

OK, so here she is. Bottom end back together! :)

A shot of the V.I.N. area.

And the rear of the engine.

Just need a buddy to help me flip it and get it supported so I can work on the oil pan etc. Wish I haden't forgot to zinc those bolts! :( (and a few other odds and ends!)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:25:08 pm by Wayne »
[size=

markb

• View Profile
They sure look purdy when they're all cleaned up.  I always consider this step a good milestone.  ;)
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

cb7504

• View Profile
Wayne very nice clean looking cases, EXCELLENT job. The vin number pad looks sweet with all those "0" on it. Marty K. 

Joe K

• View Profile
Is my oil pump in that nice shiny engine, Wayne?

Joe K.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You bet it is Joe and that pump was almost like new. :) Much better than my original. Thank you.

Probably a good time to say thank you to a few on this board who have assisted me, helped me with parts and are the true "sandcast enthusiasts", not out for profit or fame. You know who you are. Thank you for your contributions to 576 thus far.  :)
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I had been wondering about whether or not I should install the dual disc setup that came with and has been on 576 for as long as I can remember. After some research and ultimately contacting Vic World I got to the bottom of it's origin. Based on the history it will stay with the bike as I do have all of the parts. :) Here's the info Vic supplied. Thanks again Vic!

Back in late1972/ early '73, Yoshimura Racing, then located in Southern Calif., had by then expanded their catalog of racing parts for Hondas  to include dual caliper disc kits (disc, longer bolts, dual lower brake line, caliper bracket, modified speedo drive, etc.) produced by their sidebar manufacturing division, then known as Checkered Flag Customs (CFC).

Some of CFCs parts were made of cast magnesium (to save weight), such as your bracket.
As well they offered some very nice cast magnesium fork legs for the 500s and 750s.

See foto attached of the catalog page showing your bracket..

Thanks again,

Vic

[size=