Honda CB750 Sandcast

Coatings for the inside of exhaust pipes.

1941wld

• View Profile
I've read the pervious post about coating new exhaust pipes. Just want to bring up this topic again. Several of us have new exhaust systems from Yamiya. Has anyone added any coating to them? Does anyone know anything about ceramic coatings? I've read just riding the bike regularly keeps them in great shape. Any input would help.
Besr regards,
Conrad

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Cold starts with ambient temps less than 50 degrees without getting the engine to at least near max operating temp condensing and collecting in an exhaust system not brought to a sustained max temp is the number one offender of rotting out these exhaust.  In other words, short jaunts rots pipes.  I'd propose a ride of at least 25 miles would be needed to get the engine and the exhaust system to near max temp to fully "cook out" the products of combustion and related condensation.  I remember my Dad saying, at 32 degrees (ambient) the center of a cranksahft is still cold after the engine is run for 30 minutes.  (of course, that is the crankshaft of a liquid cooled engine.)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I had looked into this long ago for a bike I built. Never did do it but here's the product I thought would be the easiest to apply and best for the application.

http://www.hpcoatings.com/hpc_heatmanagement.aspx
[size=