Honda CB750 Sandcast

Vietnam repo rear fender

tomcourtney

• View Profile
well here are some pics of the rear fender i received, again all in all ok for the money but could be much better with a minimum of extra work like most stuff from the east you get what you pay for.
the fender blade is made from three pieces welded together and shaped with other hand beaten brackets added and welded or brased onto the blade, i feel this is a better than the front although the blinker wire tabs were not folded before chrome and as a consequence have little plating under the tabs so when you fold them down you can see a not polished yellow plated area

I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Personally I would just buy the Genuine Honda part which is still available. The one that is not available  is the UK one with 4 holes for the licence plate holder. The later 4-hole 341 version fits perfectly but the holes are in a different position and hence the licence plate sits at a different angle to stock.

Cheers! Ash

tomcourtney

• View Profile
Yes this a two bolt taillight bracket type as used in Australia and the US, Tom
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I believe actually that the ONLY rear fender available from Honda is the US spec K1 type (3 bolt lamp bracket mounting) No UK ones are available and the correct sandcast (2 bolt lamp bracket mounting) US spec one is also NLA.

So, if absolute correctness matters, nothing is actually available NOS direct from Honda unless you are restoring a US spec K1. We all have to decide what compromises are acceptable to us given finances, deired end result (rider, show bike, ....).

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

ashimotok0

• View Profile
My mistake Chris I thought the US K0 was three hole too.

I am sticking with my 341 fender - it was  an absolute bargain from the US on Ebay last year.

I suppose in later life it could be de-chromed - holes welded and then rechromed with repositioned holes but I am not keen on doing that at this stage.

Cheers

Ash
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:52:34 pm by ashimotok0 »