Honda CB750 Sandcast

VACUUM GAUGE

1941wld

• View Profile
I'm going to buy a vacuum gauge. Just want to ask what name brand to buy. Some of ya'll must have experience with these for the last 41 years. Which one work the best and are still available to buy?
Thanks for the help,
1941wld

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Conrad, if you're talking about a vacuum gauge for synching all 4 carbs at once, i can say the mercury filled "sticks" are no longer available.  Motion Pro still makes their vacuum gauge, but a different medium is now used instead of mercury.  I have heard this medium has a fair amount of "bounce," unlike the old mercury filled sticks, but still gets the job done.  A local friend of mine bought an inexpensive hand held CO analyzer he used to set the carbs on his K1, as i recall he paid around $200 for it.  Measuring CO out each exhaust is more accurate than measuring vacuum.  I would imagine one could find an inexpensive hand held CO analyzer on the internet or ebay.  I used to have a set of the later Honda gauges as shown in the Service Bulletins, some people swear by them, i never cared for them, the needles danced too much for me to feel like i could get a decent vacuum measurement.