Honda CB750 Sandcast

Frame Colour

Guest · 4 · 2595

Bickle

Just curious...in rendering my bike down I have noticed that under the black paint, the entire bike is painted the teal blue. No black under the blue. Appears to be original colour. Could this be possible or did buddy get artistic at some point. Thanks

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Are you talking about the frame?

You should only find the black on the metal of the frame. They didn't even use primer because the enamel was electro static powder baked on. Similar to powder coat but not the same as modern coatings.

your body parts should either be Candy Blue Green, or Candy Ruby Red. Both of these have a base coat of Candy Silver.

You can try to match these with color rite catalogs, or if you buy from House of Color they have the paint already matched under the names I meantioned above.

Bickle

Yes I am talking about the frame. I was wondering , since this frame is totally painted teal blue underneath, if there was ever a bike that was put forth that way. It seems odd that the frame is bare...then teal blue...then black. Thanks

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Might have been customized or raced at some point. The bike I pulled my spare motor out of had the frame painted blue green. It was used as a racer, and had the original steering head cut off. A new head was welded on at a raked angle.

You would already know of something major like that on your bike by now, but you might not have noticed any small details yet.

Check over it thuroughly before you restore the finish on your frame. You might find something has been cut off or re-located.