Honda CB750 Sandcast

Paint

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Just cuious here.

I called Color Rite a while back and they have the base Candy Silver and Candy Blue Green paint that they developed to be a match.

I have talked to others that say you can get as good a match for much less by woking with house of color paints.

Is Color Rite the best place to order paint? or is thier some place else that has the right color.

When the time comes I would also like to find a painter with expierience in applying this color as I know the final result depends on it.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Posted by Al Landry "Guest"

Hi Chris, I ordered my paint from a guy in "I think wisconsin" .He uses the house of color paints.He sells a kit for around $80.00 plus shipping which includes the base,mid coat and clear and everthing else you need to finish .I ordered a extra of the mid coat.It's touch and go on the mid coat and you certainly don't want to run out of the candy colour when spraying your parts.I'm very pleased with the end results and the house of colour paint is very good paint.I have checked with the color rite paints and I find very expensive.I have painted the candy ruby red color and I'm very pleased with the finish color.If you need a contach,let me know.

elisent

• View Profile
 was wondering about the silver base coat. I have some NOS Candy Ruby Red that I'm going to try but havn't found the proper silver. The guy on Ebay with the kits is dirtrider or something like that. Does color rite sell the proper base silver? I'm trying to match original paint on my 70 KO. The bike is all original paint except for one sidecover. I know I'll have to fade it to match. That's why I'm not using modern paint with UV inhibitors. I figure once painted I'll put it on the roof for a season. I can't justify the prices for NOS paint sidecovers that I'd have to ruin anyway on this bike. I'm not trying to misrepresent the sidecover as original paint. I'm just trying to get it to match. Any Honda paint experts here? Eli

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Color rite sells the silver and top paint seprate by the pint. All paints in reference to our bikes are named as Candy even the base silver. They both cost $80.00 each. Rather than looking up a match by color samples or letting Donny do it for you they have duplicated the paint to match. Initially a duplication is not a perfect match so it has to be adjusted and they have done that as well. You still need the clear and reducer. I don't know but I would assume they are modern paints.

It will be a while before I am ready for paint but I thought the discussion would go much better here than it did on SOHC4. Some of those suggestions included the use of house hold spray paint.