Honda CB750 Sandcast

Die Cast Cases on eBay Again

kp · 6 · 1921

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
These cases were on eBay a few weeks back and were originally listed as Sandcast cases. A few of us told him that his cases were diecast (and a few other things) so he changed the listing. Interestingly the cases had 3 bidders the first time round and when re-listed (for a second time), they had the same three bidders. Funny that? Anyway at that time the cases were listed at over 2k and I thought one of those bidders would have taken them away. Seems not. Here they are again. The seller also has a late cast head he is trying to fob off as a K0. Could be the same bidder who was bidding on the cases first time round. Hmmmmmmm. Am I being a little too suspicious  :-\ KP

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330504625996&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Yabba Dabba KP

markb

• View Profile
No, it's good to be suspicious.  Did he have a reserve on the previous listings?  I see he doesn't now.
Mark
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Interestingly the cases had 3 bidders the first time round and when re-listed (for a second time), they had the same three bidders. Funny that?

It may appear that way at times KP but the reality is Ebay no longer displays the real bidders ID on the auction. The system makes up random aliases in place of your ID.
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Interestingly the cases had 3 bidders the first time round and when re-listed (for a second time), they had the same three bidders. Funny that?

It may appear that way at times KP but the reality is Ebay no longer displays the real bidders ID on the auction. The system makes up random aliases in place of your ID.

I don't know that that is correct Wayne. My aliases is most always the same when I sometimes check on an auction I bid on to see where I was in the pecking order. I don't always sign in with the same ID
Nope, I double checked the first 3 bidders in auction 1 and the same 3 bidders were in auction 2. Same aliases and same feedback scores. I also pointed this out to another board member. Too coincidental to be anything else KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
From Ebay KP

"To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails, eBay has changed how User IDs display on the bid history page. Only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID, all other members will see anonymous user IDs, such as Bidder 1."
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Nope, I double checked the first 3 bidders in auction 1 and the same 3 bidders were in auction 2. Same aliases and same feedback scores. I also pointed this out to another board member. Too coincidental to be anything else KP

Wayne, Being an experienced eBayer I fully understand the alias bit and eBay privacy policy ::) However the feedback score of an alias is their real feedback and the only alteration is the username to an alias. I think you need to read my post and not dive in with a presumption that I am an ignorant baffoon  :-\ I said, and I quote "Same aliases and same feedback score". Now here are the item numbers of the two (2) auctions in question.
Item number auction 1 = 330497862380
Item number auction 2 = 330498416099
If you care to go to the bidder list for each you will see that both auctions feature 3 bidders in auction 1 and the same 3 bidders in auction 3. So; one can deduce from that bit of info that bidders can be identified as the same without too much grey matter being employed.
And just to make an important point, the alias does not change. eBay users/members/bidders keep the same alias when lodging bids month after month after month. The only thing that changes is the feedback score if they happen to get feedback between auction bids.
Here's the item numbers for 3 (I could give you 10) auctions you may wish to peruse. 160507911701  140467122335  260671372455. Did the same bidder win each? Is the alias the same for each? Is the feedback score the same for each? Hmmmmm  :o
Be cool  8) KP
Yabba Dabba KP