Honda CB750 Sandcast

New Reproduction Sandcast Brake Hoses

kp · 59 · 16577

Bickle

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I just want to say WHAT A GREAT JOB KP DID DUPLICATING THESE LINES !!!!

I have been comparing them to the orig.lines i have on 232.  KP's lines can pass for OEM lines produced in 1969.  KP described a couple differences in his lines, these differences are quite subtle.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Is that a typo? 1-2 hoses...twice on both rates?
Steve

Thanks for pointing that out Steve. Now amended
Yabba Dabba KP

bojje

• View Profile
Hi KP!
How are you? Is your mailbox still swimming since my mails to your mailaddress keep coming back as undelivered.
However, very nice replica-hoses, I´m impressed. I think the yellow line is possible to solve with aceton ( or what you call the stuff women use when cleaning their nails from nail-paint ). After solving with aceton on a cloth one can brush careful with a steelbrush by hand, not an electric one.
Please send me a mail to my mail-address bojje@snapphanetruck.se and confirm the total amount you want from me for:
8 pcs upper brakehose and 6 pcs lower brake hose. After recieving your answer, including how you want them payed for, I´ll send you my private address wich you can ship to.
Kind Regards, Bo from Sweden.

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
It is possibly safer to spray some silicone spray (I am not sure if this is the right english word for it) on the hose after cleaning the hose with some aggressive liquid. Silicone spray will keep it smooth and is not aggressive.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It is possibly safer to spray some silicone spray (I am not sure if this is the right english word for it) on the hose after cleaning the hose with some aggressive liquid. Silicone spray will keep it smooth and is not aggressive.

I would first clean the hose with some mild soap and water. Once they are cleaned free of the solvents, I like Amor All Low Shine to wipe them down with. Protects from UV, and keeps them nice and black without being too shiny.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Armor-All-Low-Shine-Protectant-300ml.aspx?pid=225652#details
[size=

cb7504

• View Profile

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I would first clean the hose with some mild soap and water. Once they are cleaned free of the solvents, I like Amor All Low Shine to wipe them down with. Protects from UV, and keeps them nice and black without being too shiny.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Armor-All-Low-Shine-Protectant-300ml.aspx?pid=225652#details
I have been using Armorall for 30 years and there is NO product, and I mean NO product that touches the stuff for restoring hard plastic, vinyl and rubber, or for protecting and making those parts look pristine all the time. I've tried a few other variations but come back to "original" product. Those of you that own a CBX and know how the indicator cases eventually fade and get a whitish dull appearance will immediately see the worth of Armorall. Goooooooooooooooooooood S#*t  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
UPDATE
I did a test with some black tyre paint yesterday and it does the job of covering the yellow line perfectly. I'll be going with that
I have to say, the yellow line is really a small issue. We all know they are reproductions and nothing will change that. New Honda lines have non-standard markings on their lines. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

markb

• View Profile
That's true, they are reproductions.  But the more accurate they are the better.  No doubt they'll look way better than later hoses.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm just going to have to get me a set. I'm just pondering as to whether I should restore and install my Dealer installed Dual Disk Brake setup? I know the original owner had it installed when he purchased 576. Thoughts guys?
[size=

nmbr12

• View Profile
Wayne,Id keep Em,Id use Em,polish them,Dont give me that unmolestated B.S...  Let HER have HER DUALS,You wont regret IT...BUT    DO whats right 4 you+YOU wont regret it...I Trust U   _Tim

markb

• View Profile
If it were me, I'd go original (original factory).  On the other hand, you're not destroying anything by doing it and can always be undone later so if you like it, why not. 
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I hear both sides. On the positive side there are no mod's to install it. It's a direct bolt on and can be taken off if I were going to show it or whetever. I'll have to decide, as it will dictate how many lower lines I need. Sorry for Hijacking KP.
[size=