Honda CB750 Sandcast

The so called K0

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Agreed, on the SB you refer to dated 1976 using term "K0."  

1976 it is; not the "very late 70's" as i stated in an earlier post.

Is this what you're saying "not so?"

And, as Chris R refers to in an earlier post, in UK literature, "K0" was referred to in 73-74 lit.

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
And, as Chris R refers to in an earlier post, in UK literature, "K0" was referred to in 73-74 lit.
yes this is all hindsite and past tense, i think we can all agree that there was never ever any mention of k0 until after the k2's or there abouts , ::) i like to think its our american cousins slaughtering the queens english once again

Paul007

• View Profile
Hello

Its an old topic but

I need your help

I was just looking at this topic on here about the CB750 K0s I was just wondering about one of mine I think it may be one of the K0s it looks like an early bike but with what looks like K1 carbs the Frame number is 1044851 and the Engine number is 1044852 any help would be appreciated

Regards Paul

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Honda Parts manual tells us that the first K1 frame was 44650 and the first K1 engine was 44806. That tells me that your bike is likely a very very early K1. Keep in mind that there are examples of transition bikes that had a bit of a mix of parts between the K0 and the K1. Can you post pics of your bike?
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Paul007

• View Profile
The Honda Parts manual tells us that the first K1 frame was 44650 and the first K1 engine was 44806. That tells me that your bike is likely a very very early K1. Keep in mind that there are examples of transition bikes that had a bit of a mix of parts between the K0 and the K1. Can you post pics of your bike?

Thanks for your replay looking at the info over the last week or so and getting back in touch with the old chap who sold me the bike it looks like a transition bike that Honda UK says is K0 the guy I got it off said it was bought new in London and was sold alongside the newer ones (as in side covers Etc,) he said this bike was bought because it was very slightly cheaper due to the older looking side covers which I think is understandable as I remember doing the same some years back but who knows there's one thing for sure its definitely one of the early UK bikes

Once again thanks for your reply
Cheers Paul