Honda CB750 Sandcast

Possible new vin/member/owner

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi Chad,

I'm posting your email on the BB.  You don't have to be a member to participate on the BB.  I encourage you to sign up and follow what fellow members have to say.

There is plenty of information on the website and the BB to get a very accurate idea what makes a sandcast 'correct'.  I encourage you to study the BB and website.  Alot of hard work by the mmebership has gone into gathering the info to share with others.

The hallmark identifier of sandcast crankcases - 9 hole clutch cover.  Really cannot positively verify if sandcast cases solely by engine numbers.  Although, one would typically expect the engine number to be no higher than 7414.

Good luck on your discovery, hope you get lucky and become a sandcast owner/member !

Sincerely,

Steve Swan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: sandcast232@yahoo.com
Sent: Mon, February 14, 2011 6:51:41 PM
Subject: I Found One I think??

I was recently talking to a guy who had a 1969 750 honda,  he really didnt know much more than that.  He knows where it is, and the same guy he sold it to.  If such a thing happens where I have the chance to look at this bike and buy it what should I look for?  As I keep reading the engine serial # should be CB7501000001 to CB7501007414 correct, but I know there is much more,  I am knowlegable a some with older hondas, I have bought, sold and worked on a few.  Thanks you for your time,

CM Behounek