Honda CB750 Sandcast

Motor # 1000894

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Posted by Hoosier Tom "Guest"

Greetings all,

I picked up a complete motor the other day. The numbers are 1000894. It has a later finned oil cover on it. Based on the serial number, what else should I examine for correctness on the motor? It doesn't appear to have had any repair work done to the cases, but I need to give it a good cleaning to be sure. It also has a full set of carbs on it. Were the carbs the same for all the sandcasts?

Thank you for your attention- Hoosier Tom

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Tom, the clutch cover which mounts to the crankcase, should be 9-hole. If the head is correct, there will be no center bolt on the front top, between #2 & 3 spark plug.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Steve,

Thank you for the info. The cylinder head is as you described, no bolt between plugs 2 & 3. This is the same head as on my 2-70 built CB750. It does have the 9 hole clutch cover. I have several SOHC 750s, but never had the opportunity for any sandcast stuff. I'm trying to decide should I wait for a frame, sell it or keep it as a display piece.

Thank you- Hoosier Tom

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Tom, Let me know if you'd like to become a registered member or if you want to place an ad in classifieds for a frame. I will enter your engine number in the VIN directory. Steve

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Steve,

Thank you for the invitation. I just registered and will place an ad for a frame. Is the rule of thumb + or - 200 between frame and engine?

Tom

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Tom - to be a Registered Member; i.e., to be listed in the SOOC Registry - please email me at sandcast4363@comcast.net. I will then place you in the Registry with your name & VIN. Steve