Honda CB750 Sandcast

Dupli-Color Dilema!

Wayne · 1 · 1639

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Have a bit of a dilemma here with Dupli-Color Ceramic Engine Paint in Canada. Our local shop carries the DE1615 Aluminum Paint but not the DE1612 Primer. After some research I found that the Primer is not available in Canada at all.  ??? ??? After buying a couple of cans of the DE1615 and looking closely I see that it does not say "CERAMIC" on the label where the USA version does. Instead it is marked "Acrylic Polymer".

So I have concerns that the product may not be as robust as the original formula if you want to call it that. As well, what to use for primer? I found others in the same boat with Goldwings etc. used VHT primer. Again, I'm a bit worried about dissimilar materials and having paint degradation or flaking down the road.

Looking for any input or advice here. This step is crucial to the build and I sure don't want to do it twice. I can get the primer and paint from Caswell however the cost to get it to Canada is a bit steep. At least 40 or 50 dollars on top of the price of the product plus 13% tax. Thoughts?  ??? ???

Anyone coming to Canada for a Beer?  ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:20:58 pm by Wayne »
[size=