Honda CB750 Sandcast

Rear Footrests

Wayne · 6 · 2397

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Still gathering stuff for paint and zinc. When I look at my rear footrests I noticed that the foot section is not 90 degrees to the mounting bracket. They are low by a few degrees. Is this normal or are they worn? What's the best avenue to take? I see all kinds of replacements out there. Thanks!
[size=

Riccardo

• View Profile
90 degree is normal.
But the weight of the passenger to step on the bike can create the low degree.
The footrest are done of 3 essential parts: the black stay, the pillion and the pin.
During the use all these 3 parts are subject at consuption.
If you prefer, you can repair them.
I purchased them brand new for my bikes, but i've replaced the grommets with the original grommets with HM logo.

Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks riccardo. That's the way I was thinking of going. Just wanted to make sure the new one's would look right. Thanks!
[size=

markb

• View Profile
Old thread, I know.  Riccardo mentions "grommets", I assume that's the foot peg rubber, that have a HM logo.  I have some of both.  Is the HM logo style correct for early sandcasts.  If so is the logo visible when the peg is vertical or horizontal.  And is the logo on the inside or the outside.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My logos are on the inside and are visible when horizontal. There are 2 types of HM logo rear rubbers. The black bracket is also different to later ones in that they are without the small weld on the inner edge
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
My logos are on the inside and are visible when horizontal. There are 2 types of HM logo rear rubbers. The black bracket is also different to later ones in that they are without the small weld on the inner edge

wow !  that needs to go in the "Distinctions" page !

not that i want to hijack your comments KP, i am reminded of a couple more distinctions....

i remain quite surprised NO ONE, as in NO ONE, responded to my post in "Distinctions" noting there are early and late "no.no" exhaust.  that makes 3 types of exhaust fitted to sandcast bikes.  http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php/topic,217.45.html

and there are distinguishing marks on early valve inspection caps.  "F1" is in raised font on inside of caps and there are turning lathe marks.  seeing these features reminded me i saw these same features on caps of 4363 back in 2002.