Honda CB750 Sandcast

Speedo/Odo Repair Question

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I'm posting this email from Ken Wolf regarding odometer repair.

"Hi Steve,
First, thanks for your good articles on maintaining and adjusting the CB750 speedometer. Because of your instructions, I was able to get my speedometer apart and lube the correct parts as needed.
I have a question about the odometer. I have the same speedometer pictured in the forum where you explain how to adjust the odometer. I would like to replace my entire odometer. The numbers on the tenth's dial are pretty much worn away for some reason. I bought a damaged speedometer, which I was able to salvage the odometer out of.  I can't seem to figure out a way to pry apart those ears that hold the pin of the odometer in place! If you have any suggestions on this, I sure would appreciate any help you might be able to give me!
I'm going thru my speedometer and tach, and installing new face plates. I really hate to leave the old odometer in if there's away to replace it.
Thanks again for any help you might be able to offer, and I'm sorry about sending this long e-mail!      
Ken Wolf   Downers Grove, Illinois  630-779-0315"  kmwolf744@att.net

My email reply to Ken -

"Hi Ken,

No problem !

Glad my instructions helped !

I've not ever had to replace the numbered odo wheels.  Have not had one of those gauges apart in several years, so cannot remember exactly what would be the best method to remove/replace the numbered wheels.

I've posted your email on the sandcastonly Bulletin Board.

Hope you're a BB member !  If not, please sign up and our BB adminstrator Wayne will get you approved.  

There are a couple members who i'd consider real experts in the repair of these gauges, we should get some good replies !

Steve."