Honda CB750 Sandcast

Frame VIN Identifiers

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Note there are at least three variations to the Factory recording numbers on the frame.

1. Frames having "low-range" numbers have ONLY the VIN stamped on the LH headstock.

2. Frames having "mid-range" numbers continue to have the LH numbering stamped in the headstock AND an adhesive aluminium sticker on the RH headstock. This sticker has NO mfg'r date.

3. Frames having "hi-range" numbers continue to have the LH numbering stamped in the headstock AND have a tag riveted to the RH headstock, including a mfg'r date.

A. Frame 1683 has an original appearing adhesive tag, IDENTICAL to 4540.

B. Frame 4540 has an original appearing adhesive sticker with no mfg'r date. (identical to 1683)

C. Frame 6623 has a riveted tag with a mfgr date "9/69." (I owned this frame.)

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Mine is the type with the vin on the head stock, and no vin on the adhesive sticer. Thier is an 8m stamped on the head stock just above the sticker. I think this is the Aug. production date for my frame. My motor has 8/11 cast into it. I think this is the Aug. 11th date code for the motor.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Posted by TomC "Guest"

I have one of the last 1006958 it was Australian delivery and had the no vin Adhesive alloy sticker, I think the riveted plate was not used in all markets TomC

ken736cc

• View Profile
Hi,
 I have a frame sticker for vin 366. According to the original post I am not sure if I should use it. I have attached a picture. I also need to know the correct orientation of the sticker.  I welcome any opinions or pictures of the headstock of a bike in this VIN range.
I've seen the future, I can't afford it.

UK Pete

• View Profile
Has any one managed to find a source for the thin silver vin sticker on the sandcast, i managed to remove mine but it has damage and was worn and rough before removal
i will be needing to source one soon
pete

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Mine is the type with the vin on the head stock, and no vin on the adhesive sticer. Thier is an 8m stamped on the head stock just above the sticker. I think this is the Aug. production date for my frame. My motor has 8/11 cast into it. I think this is the Aug. 11th date code for the motor.

very interesting.  anyone else have a stamp where Chris notes an "8m" on his frame.... ??