Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast for sale in Connecticut- SOLD SOLD SOLD

avgday · 4 · 2459

avgday

• View Profile
Hi guys-
I'm presently putting out some feelers for the sale of the Sandcast CB750 I currently own.  Last October, I was looking for a cheap CB750 to turn into a cafe racer over the Winter and found a horrible CB750 chopper in upstate NY which I purchased.  It had been sitting under a tarp for an unknown amount of time but the price was right.  I was told that it was a '72 and took his word for it (didn't bother checking into it since anything older than 1980 doesn't need anything more than a bill of sale to be registered in Connecticut).  I'm about half way through my build and decided to research the serial numbers.  I found that I have a sandcast engine and frame!  The engine serial number is CB750E-1005779 and the frame is CB750-1005528.

Since I do not have the budget to return this sandcast to its original form and because I believe that these rare bikes deserve to be rebuilt as only an enthusiast can, I am interested in selling the project to a collector.  Many of the parts are aftermarket (seat/bars) but most other components seem to be consistent with the sandcast.  

I have been in touch with Steve Swan who has been very helpful with information and guidance (Thanks Steve) and I'm at a point now where I would certainly entertain offers.  I do have one interested party which Steve put me in touch with but would like to know how much other interest is out there before I make a final deal.  Included are some pictures of the project as it sits.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  Thanks.
-Scott
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:15:33 pm by avgday »

avgday

• View Profile
Here are some close ups requested by an interested buyer.  If anyone would like any more specific close ups, let me know.  Note that I re-faced the gauges (because the faces were damaged and sun-faded) with water transfer decals.  Also included are 4 shots of what it looked like when I bought it and began to strip it down.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Thanks.
-Scott

avgday

• View Profile
Thanks to everyone on the Sandcast forum.  My bike is sold and is going to a good home.
-Scott