Honda CB750 Sandcast

yamiya shop no reply from them

benjixt

• View Profile
hello
i'd like to order yamiya exhaust for my cb 750 1970 "unstamped" but no lotus roots
since 10 july i try to contact yamiya without reply (contact by fax and email)

do you know if they are open during this period?

regard
Benji

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks like they are just sold out right now. They will put the "Add To Cart" buton back on the site when they are available again.

http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_88&products_id=142
[size=

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Just made the purchase of some no number pipes.  He has them for sale on eBay as well so I figured they would be in stock but you don't get store points on eBay purchases.  Going to save up for some side covers, air box, mirrors, and instrument housing next so I'll need the store points.  I'm leary of the cost as I've never sent so much money anywhere.  sure I'll feel better when I unwrap the pipes though.  I'll have to purchase a cheap header and muffler to get some ride time on the bike though.  
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:46:50 pm by chrisnoel »

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Well the Yamiya's arived and I'm very happy.  Like brand new original pipes in every way save the baffle bolts.  Mine were some kind of coarse thread bolts jambed into the baffles.  My parts guide shows some 6mmX12mm that I assume are #8's with 6mm plain washers.  The Yamiya's come with some nice shiney 6mmX12mm bolts stamped with an M.  I've taken out those and kept them with my original baffles and put in some #8's that I had re-zinked.  I'd imagine restored pipes could look quite a bit nicer but to have the look of brand new original pipes I'm very glad I went this way.

Oh yea.  He has them on sale now but I purchased them several days before the sale.  He was very kind to refund me the difference of the sale price. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:56:37 pm by chrisnoel »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The Yamiya's are hard to beat. 

All types of the period original exhaust i have seen, the bolt head fixing baffle is plain, dull chrome. 

donzie

• View Profile
Have you started the bike yet...... those pipes sound awsome

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Quite a bit to go till I start the bike.  The pipes were simply an expensive hurdle to get over so I could afford the rest in $300.00 and $700.00 incruments.  I don't intend on running these pipes to tune the bike either.  A cheap vance/hines will fit that bill.  The Yamiya's are already moth balled till I show the bike or sell it. 

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Too much in the way of blood sweat and tears to sell it Chris  :'(
Yabba Dabba KP