Honda CB750 Sandcast

Reset ODO??

jkp2240

• View Profile
I am having my gauges restored to new, as well as the bike, some day! So my question is should I reset the odometer to 000000, or leave the miles on the odo as original miles to the bike, and who knows if it is same as came with bike?
Thanks in advance for your comments!

markb

• View Profile
Because I had restored the rest of the bike, I reset mine to 0 so it would indicate how many miles since the restoration.  When they're this old the numbers don't mean as much to me anyway because like you say, it's likely they're not correct anyway.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

jkp2240

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply, that is the way I am leaning to. I just need to hear why I would not to do this if the bike is restored to new?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
If doing a total restoration, i'm in Mark's camp.

If i KNEW the orginal mileage of the bike and was not restoring the entire bike, i would leave original mileage (such as is the case with 2157 with 17,020.8 miles) 

vnz00

• View Profile
Same as Steve and Mark. The sandcast I am finishing had 8000miles and nice gauges- no need to molest them, or the bike.

The next one I do will be a full engine rebuild and the gauges will reflect this- reset to 0 as essentially, the bike will be 'like new' when done.

Regards,
Steven

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
I have fully restored my CB750K2 and decided to reset the ODO to zero as the bike looks like it left the factory.

However, my K0 has only 5,036 miles and is still in good shape. So I decided to do only the real necessary work and leave the paint as is. I found NOS guages and will adjust the ODO to it's original 5,036 miles.

jkp2240

• View Profile
OK
Marcel go ahead and reset ODO to 0 miles. I think this is best choice. Thanks to all for your opinion!
John

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
OK
Marcel go ahead and reset ODO to 0 miles. I think this is best choice. Thanks to all for your opinion!
John

I got it, will do so, John!