Honda CB750 Sandcast

FEELING LONELY

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Just thinking how nice it would be to have a "45th year gathering," which is 3 yrs away, 2014.

We're scattered all over the world.....  What a great communication medium the internet is !  

In terms of USA members, would be nice if we knew how many members were in each state and even nicer if we had a US map showing the states, listing members in each state.

I am saying this from the standpoint of picking a central place we could gather (if we had a meet.)  Since the "40th gathering" at the AMA's 2009 VMD, there have been more members come on board, seems a shame to not meet each other and miss the possiblity of seeing each others machines before the "50th year gathering" in 2019 (assuming there would be a 50th year gathering).

I'd be willing to drive one long day (under 1000 miles) for a gathering.

Thoughts anyone ?

If more than 10 of us who read this post can commit  to attending a 2014 gathering, then -perhaps- it would be worthwhile to send out a group email asking what state each of us live in and we could get a good idea what part of USA most members are concentrated in, with the idea of considering a gathering locale..... ?

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The "40th" get together was well worth the trip over from the UK. Another gathering before the "50th" sounds good. I understand there is an event at the Barber museum late in the season? If so, could that perhaps provide a focal point for a gathering?

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Would be nice have volunteers who live near the the Barbour area to organize details with Barbour for a "45th Gathering."   

Barbour would have fees for using their facliities as well would need to reserve a date for a 2014 gathering. 

The long distances many of us would travel and accomodations would need to be individually planned for in advance. 

If we knew geographic locations of membership, perhaps we could plan regional gatherings. 

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Try this Map I set up Steve. To add a location just click on "additions" - "Add Marker - Simple" Fill in your name and location only. :)

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=279058&add=1
[size=

markb

• View Profile
I'm in Minnesota and I could make it to Barber in Birmingham, AL with that much notice.  I believe their annual show is the second weekend in October (perfect time of year for me to go).
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Wayne, Would you be able to add a new category containing this map under the "General Category" section ?  Perhaps a suitable name could be "Member Locations" or "Find a Member."

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thanks, Wayne, for brngin in the global map. 

It would be nice if we included at least our first and last names when we make our marker.

1941wld

• View Profile
Hi Guy's.
I've added Don Sherman and myself to the map.
Every year in Oct. the Barber Musemu has their Vintage Motorcycle Festival.
The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club is there along with many other vintage clubs. This would be a fine time to have a Sandcast Owners Only Club meet every year.
We could ask Barber as a club to provide us a free location for a display of our bikes as they do for the other bike clubs, VJMC, AMCA,VMOC, VBMWMO, etc.. I'm sure they would be happy to give us a designated area with the other clubs. This is what the event is all about.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It would be nice if we included at least our first and last names when we make our marker.

Steve
Do all members use their first and last names in posts? If they don't, and they put just that on the map we won't know who they are.  ??? Perhaps your board nic plus preferred name would be appropriate. Hate to over complicate things but taking for example Joe Kulick's posts, he is shown only has 1941wld. Other members may not kno whimas Joe.  :)
[size=

kmb69

• View Profile
Good question. I thought 1941wld was Conrad and Joe was BajaJoe or something like that. Maybe I'm getting eBay and SC handles mixed up. Keith

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Wayne, your point and your idea are good ones.  

I know, I'd posted in the past, requesting we  include our first name on our posts.  Perhaps same goes for the map, including our BB monicker on map is a good idea.  

Myself, I prefer first and last names, however I can appreciate one's desire to protect privacy in this day and age.  

I'm fine with whatever we decide.  

My first name request for BB posts was just for the sake of knowing who we are, developing comaraderie, etc.  I could use my sandcast4363 as my BB monicker, but i don't like to be impersonal.  For me, using only a BB monicker is impersonal and some writers, unfortunately, feel the monicker gives them a cloak of invisibility/invincibility to write anything without consideration the monicker on the other end is actually a human being......    

A case not for using our BB monicker, not using our first and preferably last names, leads to mistaken identity.  Such as is the case of Joe Kulick, who is not 1941wld.  Conrad (can't remember Conrad's last name) is 1941wld.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Keith, your post is a case in point.  1941wld is Conrad.  Joe Kulick is Joe K on BB and baja joe on ebay.  Confusing, to say the least, reminds me of  having secret code names when i was in first grade.   ;D  But, then, we did not have personal identity thieves, either.   >:(

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here's my 2 cents for what it's worth. The members have signed up for the board using a particular username. Nic's are used on the internet for a variety of reasons of which we all know. The reality is,not everyone uses their full name on the board. If we really want to see the true demographic of our users then I would propose that it be done by the same nickname as used on the SOOC BB, with your first or first and last name being optional. At least that way we should be able to get all members to sign up in a manner in which they are comfortable doing so. :)
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
That's what I'm looking for and i appreciate your "2 cents worth," Wayne.  

I'm fine with your proposal for using "nic's," i.e., nicknames, whatever info people are comfortable sharing.

I know i'm not caught up with the times.

Wayne, what do you thnk of making a new heading under "General Categories," so people can see the map, so the map does not get buried in this post/thread ?  If you think it's a good idea, could you do that ?  Thanks !

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Wayne, what do you thnk of making a new heading under "General Categories," so people can see the map, so the map does not get buried in this post/thread ?  If you think it's a good idea, could you do that ?  Thanks !

Will do Steve.
[size=