Honda CB750 Sandcast

GOOD NEWS - EARLY SANDCAST BRAKE HOSES REDONE

kp · 23 · 6817

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As many of you know, I had the early sandcast brake hoses made using a set of original hoses as a template and the results were really very good. The only difference with these reproduction hoses was the yellow line (used to guide correct replacement of the banjo fittings) and the embossed certification of regulatory compliance (apparently a requirement for design rule certification in many countries). At the time I had these produced the manufacturer would not make these hoses without these markings.
Anyway, after much discussion and negotiation with the original supplier I was able to have these remade using plain ribbed hose on condition I place a minimum order. The reasoning given by the manufacturer was they had to have a hose specifically sourced to fit the specification.
The upshot is that I now have a new supply of both the early sandcast brake hoses, reproduced to near exact specifications There are no markings on the hoses whatsoever and the original ribbed pattern is retained. I will be listing these for members shortly.
Now to those who purchased my original hoses I feel compelled to provide you replacement hoses given I now have a better copy of the original. This second order has cost me a considerable amount due to quantities I’ve needed to order and the higher manufacturing price so I really don’t want to lose any more on this project than I have. What I’m prepared to offer is to give you a new set of these hoses at a cost of $50 per pair plus postage. So let’s say you purchased a single pair of hoses, I’m willing to supply a replacement pair for $50 plus postage and for those that purchased 2 pair then the additional would be $100. You will need to contact me beforehand if you want to take up this offer, as I really am not sure who purchased what.
Below are some photos of these new hoses. KP

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:36:04 pm by Wayne »
Yabba Dabba KP

Bickle

Very nice....I was wondering if anyone had come up with a tried and true method of removing the stripe on the previous version.
Thanks
Steve

kmb69

• View Profile
Beautiful KP! I sent you a PM with a copy of the PM where I bought the 1st 2 sets. What will the "non-replacement" price be for additional sets? Keith

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

sandcastdoctor

• View Profile
Hello! This is my first posting. Been crawling all over everything in the forum when I found this one. Those hoses are FANTASTIC!!!!!! I'm interested in one set too!! Please let me know how to order them, Thanks!!!

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello! This is my first posting. Been crawling all over everything in the forum when I found this one. Those hoses are FANTASTIC!!!!!! I'm interested in one set too!! Please let me know how to order them, Thanks!!!

Just contact me by using the email icon and I'll give you the details
Thanks
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Riccardo

• View Profile
Hi KP,

what news!!!!

I'm, for sure, interested in the replacement of the (2) previous yellow lines.

And add one more!!!

Let we know when you will be ready to do that.

P.s.:
Great person KP!!!
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

markb

• View Profile
KP,
I received my hoses today.  They are unbelievably nice.  Thanks for taking on that project.  I beginning to know what it's like.  :o I can only imagine the time you have into it and I appreciate it.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Mr. McGovern, you have excelled !  I received my brake lines today and all i can say is - WOW !  You really nailed those babies !  Really quite PERFECT !  KP has put alot of time and money into having these lines produced.  i would encourage anyone who needs them to buy a set to use and a set as spare.  As Mark says, they are unbelievably NICE. 

THANK YOU, KP !

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve and Mark, I really do appreciate that feedback. You have no idea how disappointed I was when the first batch arrived and they had those yellow lines in them but I just let it go and thought this is as good as we'll get. But as months passed I couldn't get the matter off my mind and I knew I just had to try again. I cannot help my anal nature I'm afraid. The company were very good but were not really interested in doing a second run. I persisted and made the case to them that they had initially agreed to make an exact replica (which they didn't) and I think they accepted that this was the case. These negotiations took a while as they had to have the hose specially made, I had to agree on quantities and a final price. End point was they did cost more than I really wanted to pay, add the fact they took around 6 more months to make, I really was questioning my sanity by the end of it.
Anyway they are done and I'm glad I have some different views as to the end product.
I will probably need to eventually sell these on eBay (I really don't want to do that though) as not all owners are members or visit this site. I did run a set on eBay a week ago and the number of hits and watchers was amazing. Nevertheless the price will be lower here for members.
By the way, I check all hoses before they are packaged up, however, if anyone gets a faulty hose I will replace it without question. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kp,
Received mine today. I'm lost for words - absolutely spot on!

Thanks - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

kmb69

• View Profile
KP, Opened mine today and they are gorgeous! Thank you very much! Keith

sandcastdoctor

• View Profile
Kerry, words aren't enough to describe the quality of your hoses!!!! All I can say is I hope all the praise you're receiving here makes your incredible efforts worth it!! I'll fire you some pics of my sandcast and my CBX when I can get them outside. It's almost winter here and the finishing touches on #238 will have to wait until spring, THANKS AGAIN!!!!!

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you for the feedback fellas I appreciate the positive responses  :)
Yabba Dabba KP