Honda CB750 Sandcast

Blinker Lenses

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi

Would like to hear about Early Stanley blinker lenses.

Specifically, the orange (amber) lenses in contrast to the red lenses.

I bought a set of front & rear blinker asemblies from a man who says the set came off a sandcast he bought new, July 1969. The rear blinker lenses are red Stanley's. Fronts are amber.

The printing on the red & amber lenses is the same except for the red lenses read "SAE D65." Amber lenses read "SAE D67."

Has anyone out there seen Stanley red rear blinker lenses used on a sandcast? Did red lenses come on new sandcasts in 1969 or new 1970 "K0" bikes ? Or, were these red lenses a part supplied by Stanley that owners could buy retail to replace the amber lenses ? Or, were red lenses used on non-USA bikes ?

I am under the impression only amber blinkers were used front & rear on sandcast bikes.

But, i have red Early Stanley blinker lenses on blinker assemblies, per original owner, i am told came from a sandcast bike sold in 1969.

Anybody out ther, please respond - refute or support.

Thanks !

736cc

• View Profile
Some states required red rear signal lenses in that era. Later on it was standardized nationwide for all lenses on mc's to be amber only. I've had several K0's w/ red rears (by coincidence just yesterday picked one up w/ red). They look pretty cool. Saw them on CB450's and XS650's, too.

elisent

• View Profile
Acording to a friend that has a Honda dealership since 1960, 69 was a crossover year. No turnsignals were required on most 68 model bikes. Some states required red rear lenses. As they had bikes with only amber and Honda had yet to realize the red rears, they actually painted the rear lenses to comply with state law until Honda shipped correct ones. Eli

txmudman

• View Profile
My 1970 sandcast came with amber turnsignal lenses. Sold in the US.