Honda CB750 Sandcast

A 69 n the Crate! What are the chances?

Wayne · 9 · 2487

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, dropped my frame and related parts off today to be painted and shot the breeze with my painter for a while. Interesting guy and he knows many people in the Motorcycle world as he paints everything from customs to classic restorations. He is pretty well versed when it comes to vintage bikes and regularly wins awards for his paint in almost all classes. Anyhoo, the topic goes to an H1 that was discovered, still in the crate and what an awesome find that was! Now he tells me....are you ready....

A Honda Dealer that shut down has a 1969 CB750 still in the crate! The owner of the Dealer, now in his 70's lives nearby, and still owns the building and contents from the Dealership, including the crated bike.  He has no interest in selling the bike at this time although it did get some press somehow in the area. (A Major Newspaper) That's about all he knew and he got it from a serious collector that he does work for. I think he said he has 27 bikes and was VERY interested that my 576 was coming in for some paint. So there you have it. A crated sandcast?? may exist, and only a couple of hours from me. I KNEW there was another good one up here in the frozen north!! I'll let you know when I lay out the cash, then let the bidding begin!!  ;)  ;D
[size=

Riccardo

• View Profile
brrrrrrrrr,

i've the cold on my skin.

The Vic Worls Sandcast whit 500 miles was sold on ebay for about 41k usd, if i remember well.

And this? :o :o :o

How ithe value of this bike is?

A bike for Bonhams?

Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

benjixt

• View Profile

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wayne, can you go see the crated bike.........  If you don't, you'll be driving us WILD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
My understanding is he won't show the thing. Apparently the story has been verified as it was covered in a local newspaper. I'm trying to find the article. I'll keep my nose to the ground on this one!
[size=

markb

• View Profile
i almost hope it's not a sandcast.

Why not Steve?
Probably for the same reason I hope it's not a sandcast.  Because then I'd want it and I know I can't have it.   :(
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Wayne, ditto what Mark said.  If it is a sandcast, i hope it's single digits.  If a single digit in the crate ever did go public would be like a shark feeding frenzy.