Honda CB750 Sandcast

I'm Getting Pissed Off

kp · 5 · 1572

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mark made a comment months ago about these Geese (Gooses I call them) who put sandcast on an ebay listing that isn't. Well it's starting to get to me also. These dickheads are getting more common. K0, Sandcast, 1969 searches produce anything from K1s to K6s, CBXs CB500 CB550 and all manner of bikes. The thing that really is starting to get to me is the stuff for sale is mostly JUNK
Have a look at this listing. It's not even a CB750  ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CB-750-IGNITION-NO-KEY-SANDCAST-/150710015220?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23170454f4
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The internet and computers are a wild and wonderful place KP! The misuse of "keywords" is rampant through the industry. From the use of words over and over again on web sites that have nothing to do with the actual content, to little misrepresentations like you have pointed out here. Google and other search engines actually penalize sites that misrepresent their site through the use of keywords that have nothing to do with the content of their web site. In this case, our friend put a question mark: (sandcast ???) Smart cookie I guess. If someone were to complain to Ebay he could just say he wasn't sure if it were a sandcast switch or not.  ;)
[size=

markb

• View Profile
I'm guessing that 99 times out of a 100 these guys know what they have (or don't have) and their strategy is they're hoping that someone with less experience than the members here will bite on it.  It certainly does make it harder to find the real thing when you have to sort through all the junk.  Occasionally I send these guys a note but it never does any good.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 ??? I had to look it up Ahhhh   :'( I'm at peace already Mr Swan