Honda CB750 Sandcast

SIDE COVER BADGE OBSERVATIONS

kp · 4 · 2141

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Has anyone had any experience with the current reproduction side cover badges being sold in recent years. They look a little deeper (sharper) to me when I study the photographs. I'd be interested to hear feedback. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
Has anyone had any experience with the current reproduction side cover badges being sold in recent years. They look a little deeper (sharper) to me when I study the photographs. I'd be interested to hear feedback. KP

Which ones? I think there are several suppliers of these. I bought a set from Yamiya, they look good.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Sudco badges, $110 each, currently available, if you mixed one up with a nos oem badge, other than the pins being a tiny bit longer, don't think you could tell the difference. 

Riccardo

• View Profile
My experince was with a Yamiya set.

Surely high quality but the Sunny Gold paint is not the same of the original, is light clear.

The difference are in the build procedure.

From origin, the badges, in a first moment , was painted (black letters and white wing) directly on the metal brass and THEN chromed, in a second moment( after paint job),

In fact, if You (us) strip the paints from badges we can find the not chromed metal under.

This procedure, chroming after paint, changed the tone of the sunny gold paint, that presents a little pointed surface (for the electric conduction during the chrome fase).

This was m experience whit the restoration of the badges.
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved