Honda CB750 Sandcast

Here we go

kettle738

• View Profile

That's a great looking bike; I had the same problem with hairline cracks in the brass overflow pipes on my 10/69 K0, but I didn't have any spare float bowls.

I found I could fix them easily by cleaning the brass overflow tube with a fibreglass pencil, such as this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIBREGLASS-PENCIL-PEN-ABRASIVE-CIRCUIT-CLEANING-FIBRE-/150769690420?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item231a92e734

I then just used conventional flux, a micro gas torch and low melting point modellers solder, it runs straight into the split but doesn't seem to block the pipe...........I did mine over a year ago and they are still fine.......

If you have a persistent overflow and are convinced your fuel level is good and the float valves are not at fault it's well worth looking for these splits, they can be very fine and quite hard to see, but I guess from reading your experience it's probably a common problem.

Enjoying reading about your bike, all interesting stuff.

Mick..........kettle738 

markb

• View Profile
If you have a persistent overflow and are convinced your fuel level is good and the float valves are not at fault it's well worth looking for these splits, they can be very fine and quite hard to see, but I guess from reading your experience it's probably a common problem.
It is a very common problem.  I've had it on two sets.

She's a runner....
Congratulations on getting this far!  She looks great.  The only thing better than hearing it run for the first time after so many years is taking it out for the first ride.  ;D 
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)