Honda CB750 Sandcast

float adjustment

als750k0

• View Profile
  Three questions.
  The barn find die cast engine number is 1038592. since the carbs have been off the bike since 1986 I have started with them. Basically very clean except for the needle and seats, and the bowl gaskets are dry. Being replaced. Does anybody have a link to the float adjustments that used to be in the old green shop manual. If so please let me know. The Hanes manual I bought on line fails to mention anything about the floats.
  The slides on this bike have two different numbers. 1&2 have the number 154 stamped on the bottom of the slide and 3&4 have 153. Is this significant?
  Bike had ape hangers(yuk), which means that I will be returning to stock handle bars. Need to change out the throttle cable from the twist grip to the junction box. The four individual cables are good. Has anybody changed just the single cable or do I need to obtain the whole unit?
  Thanks for your help.
   Alan 

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
IF i recall correctly, float height is 26mm, measured from the lip (underside carb body.)  The measurement's not taken from the gasket surface.

There are 2 RH and 2 LH slides, which are id'd by the numbers you've noted.

als750k0

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply. Since I will be changing out the cables, does it matter which pair is right and which left?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
IF i recall correctly, the 4 cables going to carbs, there are 2 short and 2 long.  The 2 long should be on the bottom and connect to the 1 & 4 carbs.  The 2 short should be on top and connect to the 2 & 3 carbs, IF i recall correctly.

Riccardo

• View Profile
IF i recall correctly, the 4 cables going to carbs, there are 2 short and 2 long.  The 2 long should be on the bottom and connect to the 1 & 4 carbs.  The 2 short should be on top and connect to the 2 & 3 carbs, IF i recall correctly.

Beautyfull mind!
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored