Honda CB750 Sandcast

paint

cb7504 · 6 · 3051

cb7504

• View Profile
I am getting ready to have my KO and sandcast tanks and related paint pieces done. Any one know of a good painter who can do the work. Stripes have to be painted on (NO DECALS), some body work may be required. Marty K.   

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Marty
Search Blake Edwards on this forum. He does Vics work and I know he has done a couple of bikes for Mark as well.
[size=

markb

• View Profile
Actually that's Blake Conway.  But he doesn't paint the stripes, he uses decals.  Not even for Vic World as far as I know.  Here's his number if you want to call him, 760-732-3950.  It can't hurt to ask.  And he does body work too.  If you call him tell him I recommended him.  He's done four tanks and assorted parts for me and I have been very satisifed.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ooops, sorry Mark. Blake Edwards is an actor I believe.  Got it half right!  ;)
[size=

cb7504

• View Profile
Mark and Wayne thanks for the information on the painter I'll give him a call. Marty K.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Old thread I know but it's relevant to the paint work I'm having done so I don't think I should start a new one. 

One other sandcastonly member and myself have our body work at www.precisionmotorcyclepainting.com right now and were having candy blue green painted on them.  The painter is using a Yamiya part to match our paint color and I should be getting my parts back within this month.  He is painting the stripes on for us as well and I get the feeling he is being very thorough in regards to the body work for me.  Had me send a set of badges to ensure the body work on the left side of my tank comes out perfect. 

Good bad or indifferent I'll report again with pictures.