Honda CB750 Sandcast

Technical/Restoration Support

736cc · 2 · 2201

736cc

• View Profile
Nice work KP on the additions to the website. Its always good to learn something new about these motorcycles. I have to admit, after visiting w/ the pre-production sandcast recently unearthed (I actually SLEPT w/ it, hows that for a pipe dream?) the differences on THAT thing from any other sandcast is incredible; we're talking 99.9% unique hand-made parts. Sheesh, the clutch cover had 7 screws on it, the throttle cables were 1 into 2 into 4 and the carbs were totally bizarre. No kill switch was very strange to see, the oil pan was HUGE and drain plug at a 45 degree angle down and back. The wire harness key connector was grey but had a 300 part code label. The rear fender sure looked like a CB450 type, as did the centerstand. The whole bike was like this, so wierd. I'm so glad it wasn't me that found it, my life would be distracted no-end, permanently.
And KP, you remove chrome-plating by giving it to a chrome plater, who simply "unzaps" it.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Andy, Thanks for the info on the chrome removal. I knew chrome could be stripped off steel but didn't know about alloy. I'll send these covers to the plater and get them stripped as I have original mission, alternator, sprocket and tappet covers to fit an early engine. Cheers KP
Yabba Dabba KP