Honda CB750 Sandcast

round o.f. cover on ebay

kmb69

• View Profile
Yes, from the same guy and it was pretty much trashed. This one has some issues with the o-ring groove like the one I bought.

vnz00

• View Profile

kmb69

• View Profile
It was apparently rotated against the crankcase and the faces were galled and it wore them unevenly. It will have to be machined back a little and the groove deepened to get the proper o-ring squeeze. There is not much material to work with.

vnz00

• View Profile
cool thanks keith. yes, without the locating lug on the finned covers, Id imagine that over a few oil changes, the tightening of the bolt would eventually wear the crankcase/oil filter cover.
can anyone confirm that the one listed is authentic?  i noticed it has a rough exterior finish.  i thought there was a satin finish to them?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The original o.f. covers i've seen show a telltale cast outer surface which appears nominally polished (more satin as Steven notes, but appears polished none the less) and given a clear coat.

The inner surface cast appearance is much much more coarse than the outer surface. 

vnz00

• View Profile
Did anyone go for the one this morning? Was it an original one?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Whilst these are not a common item and should command good money, I suspect his reserves are on the high to extreme side given the poor condition. But people will pay what they think it's worth so maybe on another auction the bidding will get higher
Yabba Dabba KP

cb7504

• View Profile
Well it looks like the second of his early sand cast oil filter housing did not sell either, high bidder was at $610.00 plus. As KP mentioned i would think most if not all the reserve prices on his items were on the extreme side. Marty K.

vnz00

• View Profile
did anyone here go for the second one?  im curious to what this guy is asking for it.

might be extreme, but they do not come up often - they are rarer than the #28 caps - I have seen more #28 caps than these on ebay.  so if you want originality then unfortunately you pay the price ;)

cb7504

• View Profile
vnz00: I was the second highest bidder and the high bidder bid twice again after my bid with out meeting the reserve. Marty K.

hondaseven

If you have a look at this guys feedback as a seller you will see that he sold one of these in December 2011 for $1200.00.

Bowswell

• View Profile
And a 19liter sandcast tank too for 2k if i remenber.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:32:19 pm by bowswell »
cb750 k4-06/74
cb750k4 01/74
cb350f 1973
cb400T 1978
vulcan meanstreak