Honda CB750 Sandcast

K0 mirrors

chrisnoel · 22 · 12594

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Deciding now weather to go with Yamiya/honda 300-000 mirrors as I have two sets of original contenders.  One set has 13mm wide brackets and the other has 16mm wide brackets. 
My concern is that I don't see any pictures of Yamiya/Honda mirrors that show the end of the mirror bracket/stem joint. 
I found a picture of another honda 88110-300-000 mirror and the bracket/stem joint is not finished as the end was never welded and ground flat.

Pic one is the end of the honda 88110-300-000 mirror.
pic two is one of my 13mm bracket mirrors showing the end bracket.
pic three is  one of my 16mm bracket mirros showing the end bracket.

Would cost me $115.00 to get the Yamiya's to my door and if they show up with the end shown in pic one they just won't do. 
Any one have a pic of the end joint from the Yamiya's? 
Thanks, Chris. 

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I've not seen Yamiya mirrors, i am pretty sure the mirrors they sell are new manufacture Honda oem.  I recall there have been members who have, just can't remember who...

I believe there are a couple guys who have taken the glass out of originals and restored the round frames....  KP for one.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I was on track to do the mirror glass ho-down as I've asked other members about doing so.  All the pictures of the Yamiya mirrors are positioned so you can't see the end.  The first picture I have shown turned out too small to tell but it is an OEM honda mirror as well showing that the end is not correct.  Hence the reason I'm back pedling from the Yamiya plan.  I've contacted Yamiya for a picture and I'll post what ever I find.  Atleast I have a restorable set if the Yamiya's don't work out. 

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Shimpei from Yamiya was nice enough to send me this photo.  Not sure if he knew what I was looking for exactly but after the second attempt this photo answered the question.  Looks like the Yamiya OEM mirror is correct and the other OEM listed for roughly the same price by another EB seller is not.  Both are listed with the same OEM part number but the difference is glaring.   

Don R

• View Profile
 The mirror that was on #5511 has the acorn nut on the back but the bracket bolts directly to the mirror back. It lacks the cone shaped standoff seen in these pictures.
 I found another one that matched the one I had, it was supposedly from a cb500T. Do I have incorrect later mirrors?

Don R

• View Profile
Yes I did have incorrect ones, now I have a set of yamiya mirrors and just got an Ebay "sandcast original" it has 2 stamped logo's and the end is welded sanded and chromed. It sat there for sale for a long time so I assume it's not "the one" looks right to me though.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Yes I did have incorrect ones, now I have a set of yamiya mirrors and just got an Ebay "sandcast original" it has 2 stamped logo's and the end is welded sanded and chromed. It sat there for sale for a long time so I assume it's not "the one" looks right to me though.

WOW !  Hmmmm........  i wonder if the double logo mirrors you got from yamiya are a new product..... ?  the mirrors i've bought from them in the past and single logo, had "MS", but no "HM".