Honda CB750 Sandcast

Points of View on Sidestand

Wayne · 10 · 3076

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got looking at my side stand, and without a known good one to compare to I just had it painted. Knowing that 576 was lowered with lowering blocks in the rear it got me wondering if the side stand was bent so it wasn't too upright while on the stand. I ordered up another from good ole' Ebay. I don't think I received what was in the pic's. (it was a year ago and I just  cast it aside) Comparing them now, the differences are obvious, my original on the left, the Ebay part in the right. Both take some interesting curves, more so the Ebay part I think! The Eaby part has hammer marks on the casting part line as well. :( So, I THINK I'm shopping for a good stand. Any thoughts gentlemen??? Anyone have shots of a GOOD stand so I can compare? Thanks!

Current stand on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-HONDA-CB750K-CB-750-K-CB750-K1-K0-KICKSTAND-SIDE-STAND-/380466532790?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58959291b6&vxp=mtr

[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Whilst these are common enough finding a good'un is still a challenge. They are not always cheap and it's not unusual to see them bent from use. Nevertheless, theycan be tempered straight with some effort and I know Wayne is very resourceful. ;)
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
haha thanks KP! Yep, I would make it straight I just wasn't sure what would be correct.  ??? ??? It would appear they are actually pretty darned straight if this one is a good representation:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-1969-CB750-side-stand-kick-stand-CB750K-1969-Sandcast-CB750K1-1971-RARE-/200815171202?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec1845682&vxp=mtr

I'll watch it and see if I can out snipe the masses! lol  ;) Thanks!
[size=

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
What is the correct way to mount the side stand spring.. short part down or up? I can find pics of either way in the net.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
I think you are right by looking at the parts book.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)