Honda CB750 Sandcast

cb750 video

benjixt

• View Profile
Hello,

it's a video that Honda France Do in 1999 for the 30 year anniversary,

quality is poor i watch it so many time and the VHS start to be old ( i rip it on dvd yesterday)

you can see a beautiful red and a dark green Sandcast and a redblue green in england
we can  suppose that the cb that we see in us are the " late pre production model " present in Las Vegas convention dealer in jan 1969
and the blue green is one of the Brington bike ( not sure)

hope you'll enjoy

best regard

Benji

cb750 Remember 30 Years 1969

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
 ;) great video thanks for posting, the brighton bike was gold here is the vid of that only in black and white
 http://backup.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=45755

benjixt

• View Profile
As Far I Know

On The Brighton Show  there is 2 bike
It's write on this web site 
"The late pre-production bike cylinder and upper crankcase are

seperate, the top end oil feed passing up the outer rear stud cavities.  The whereabouts of the

FOUR Late Pre-Production bikes has always been a bit of a mystery and indeed someone must

know of their ultimate fate.  The Gold bike reached England and along with an Olive Green bike

was shown at Brighton.  After Brighton, nothing more is known of the Olive Green bike. 

The Gold bike went on to France, returned to the UK and was sold off.  There was a Red bike

in Las Vegas.  (I have photos of the Red bike and the Olive green bike at Las Vegas.) 

What happened to the Red bike after Las Vegas is unknown.  There would appear also to have

been a Blue-Green bike, from brochures of the time.  In closing, although outwardly similar, there

is virtually nothing on the Early Pre-Production machines that is similar to Production models. 

Every major component and most of the minor ones differ substantially in detail."   

and it's write too in motorcycle sport volume 10 number4 From April 1969
they write page 132
"there will be 2 machines on the honda stand ,one being partof a mobile display,the other standing at floor level.

Then I suppose there was 2 bike in April 69 in England ( the gold with goldstripe and a dark green)
however my idea about the blue green in england at Brighton  is wrong because it seems to be a Dark Green..

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile

however my idea about the blue green in england at Brighton  is wrong because it seems to be a Dark Green..

;)      i would say the dark green bike is really a candy blue green bike, its just that the old photo's dont show thier true colours as they do today, and camera settings will also change the colour of the image. i have noticed pictures taken on my camera phone and digital camera show my candy blue green honda (original paint all nos parts not respayed)looking more blue than green, where as my really old colour pics (before digital) show the very same bike as looking to be more green than blue,we all now the candy blue green or teal as some of you guys like to call them does look very different under different light settings ::)

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There were in fact both a dark green late pre-production bike (which made it to Europe, and was at Brighton with the gold one), AND a candy blue green late pre-production bike which remained in the US. Also a red one. Period photographs exist of the dark green and red ones, taken in the US, also of the candy blue green taken outside the American Honda building. The Gold one was much road tested / photographed in Europe / Uk / Isle of Man. The gold and blue green ones are known to still exist. The red one was confirmed by Bob Jamieson to have been destroyed. The dark green one remains un-accounted for, unless someone out there knows where it went after the '69 Brighton show?
Whilst the above four late pre-production bikes are well enough photographed for their existence to be considered fact,there may well of course have been other late pre-production bikes which never made it out of Japan.

Cheers - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile

The dark green one remains un-accounted for, unless someone out there knows where it went after the '69 Brighton show?

;) i think i might know where that bike is  ::)  i aint saying anymore

tomcourtney

• View Profile
I remember seeing some pics of it in bits, then they got removed? It was dark green like the valley green K1 colour TC
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956