Honda CB750 Sandcast

1969 Diecast/ K0 restoration

UK Pete · 135 · 64331

UK Pete

• View Profile
Ok guys it was a shit rainy mid day here i have no money to spend but have some time on my hands so went about reshaping my ducktail seat, first picture is when i first put the seat together a while back, the rest are todays attempts, after numerous cover removals and carefully removing the foam at about 8mm a time, i took off over an inch in all , the seat is loosely assembled as in i have not attached the side trim or bent the tab hooks over at the back or cleaned it for that matter and the pictures do not really do it justice as in the flesh i think it looks fantastic i am chuffed to bits
what you fellas recon?

old picture

new pictures

kettle738

• View Profile

Hi Pete, cracking job on your seat, that profile looks spot on to me.  I do wonder though if the European bikes had different seat profiles to the US bikes as those I've seen on the site (particularly the unrestored bikes) seem to match the Yamiya seat which is not really like the sculptured seat you have made.

The first two pics are the seat that came on 1010369 when I bought it.....looks exactly like yours doesn't it?  I have since substituted that seat with a better European sourced one which is exactly the same again, but look at the last pic of the Yamiya red foam seat and it's quite different.

You should be proud of that.......great job.

Mick.........kettle738

cb7504

• View Profile
Pete nice job on reworking the seat, time and patience is the key. Marty K.

UK Pete

• View Profile
Thanks you marty and mick for the compliments,i was really pleased with the outcome considering how puffy it looked the first time i did it, i have the seat sitting in my conservatory and i sit out there and admire it, there is something about a ducktail seat, that just makes it easy on the eye,
pete

BrianAdair

• View Profile
I know this thread is 4 + years old, but I enjoyed reading through it.                                                                                                                       
How did the bike turn out did you finish it UKPete? would love to see some completed pictures of it.                                                                                                               
I have a 12/69 manufacturer date K0 I am slowly working on, it was a major basket case, just frame and engine pretty much.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We haven’t seen Pete in some time Brian. Not sure where he disappeared to. Hopefully we get to see the end result of your hard work and dedication.
[size=

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hi, i still have the project, not much really happening to it, i cant carry on the restoration thread on here as i am locked out of the coppermine image hosting site, and it appears to be no way back in to it

Don R

• View Profile
 Thanks for the thread, I enjoyed it and am always on the lookout for new to me information. I've had some luck with google photos and moving them using a thread on the sohc4.net open forum stickies.

toycollector10

• View Profile
What a great read. Thanks for taking the time to take the photos and post it all up. Cheers, TC.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, i still have the project, not much really happening to it, i cant carry on the restoration thread on here as i am locked out of the coppermine image hosting site, and it appears to be no way back in to it

Pete. I’ve checked your profile on coppermine. All seemed fine. Others are able to log in. I’ve sent you a private message with your login and password change.
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the thread, I enjoyed it and am always on the lookout for new to me information. I've had some luck with google photos and moving them using a thread on the sohc4.net open forum stickies.

Don. The reason I set up the coppermine gallery for restoration threads or members who want to post a lot of images is we don’t want to lose that valuable information. When images are hosted remotely often what happens is users will close the image account or delete photos and we wind up with a big blank image in our threads. Keeping images on our servers mitigates that risk.
[size=

Don R

• View Profile
 I hear that, photobucket has trashed several of my threads and other reference photos on other subjects. I paid their ransom for a month to transfer my photos to Google.  I really appreciate the ability to refer to the pictures and text here.

Bruce Eastwood

• View Profile
What are the original tire size for the CB750 K0 1970?

And which tire brand and size would you recommend putting on?
Do they use the same tire dimension in Europe and the US?

Bruce

jaka

• View Profile
Hi!
Front  3,25 -19 Rib tire.  Air pressure 2.0kg
Rear   4.00-18  Block tire.  Air pressure 2,0kg

Don R

• View Profile
 I bought a pretty nice K0 that's mostly there, what it needed I have left from other bikes and saving things. Anyway the seat needed recovering and I checked here to refresh my memory. I've been saving a cover but when I rolled it over I found a crack almost all of the way across the pan. A guy on SOHC4 sold me a pretty nice seat from a "pan wanted" ad but I don't think I'll take it apart, it's pretty nice in the pics and my diecast has a cheaper repro seat on it. 
  So here I am still needing a seat pan. I'm hoping to snag a K1 seat with a good pan after payday. (Just bought a bunch of car parts) In the meantime I may try to tig the cracked pan and reinforce it from the top side. 
 I also notice there aren't any new 4-4 exhausts available. Not sure if they just sold out or the factories and shipping are shut down due to the pandemic.