Honda CB750 Sandcast

Front brake levers

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I don't recall a discussion on front brake levers.  

Original brake levers i've seen on early to mid-range vin sandcasts, the underside of these levers, outward from the mounting hole, has what appears to be, for the sake of description, grind marks.  Later levers, K1, are smooth on the underside.  Replacement OEM Honda are smooth as well.

Anyway, this ebay auction brought this topic to life.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-NOS-CB750-front-brake-lever-code-300-Sandcast-CB750KO-/221161159730?hash=item337e3b7c32&item=221161159730&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Don R

• View Profile

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Glad to see the grind marks observation revived.  a few years back i asked for comments and don't remember getting any  response.  my experience,  the grind marks are present on 'sandcast' brake levers.  and earlier diecast.  not K1's.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've had a theory about this for a number of years and it goes like this. The brake levers are not different. They all seem to have been diecast and leave a ridge which I reckon was cleaned up on the early levers by grinding the casting flash off. You will notice on later levers that there is a ridge of casting flash. It's only a theory but its a possible explanation.
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Hello KP & Steve, Do you think the first levers have a deburring (cleaning) like this?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 05:33:09 pm by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes Gerard, that's what it looks like
Yabba Dabba KP