Honda CB750 Sandcast

Andy Morris's Ceramic Coating for Aluminum Engine Components

Wayne · 34 · 11609

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Wow.  That side view really shows the depth of damage...   :o

fwiw, here is a link on ebay to what appears an unblemished K1 spkt.carrier...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB-750-K1-SOHC-1971-CUSH-DRIVE-REAR-SPORCKET-HUB-DRIVE-HUB-NO-RES-/281037155043?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACB&hash=item416f1eaae3&vxp=mtr

i DO have a sprocket carrier which i assume is originally from a "K0" or earlier bike because the carrier has the 45t "large/small" hole sprocket which appears to have not ever been removed going by the lock tabs appearing undisturbed.  However, i see no stamped or raised numbers on the backside of carrier...  ???   And, it has a faint wear circle, suggesting the chain guard got in to the carrier; this wear circle could be polished out.  Wayne, if you want it, it's yours for the shipping.

But...  the one on ebay appears unblemished.. ?  and, probably same as one i have...  :)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve
Much appreciated. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from my machinist. I couldn't find any stamping on my flange at first either. On very close inspection I found the unlucky "13". It's quite small. The "1" is less than 1/8".... the "3" even smaller.
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve. Takes me a couple of seconds to find these little rascals even once I knew where to look. On closer inspection I uncovered a second 3, we now have 3  - 13. :)

[size=