Honda CB750 Sandcast

Project CB750-1004286

greggo325 · 52 · 38240

greggo325

• View Profile
Looking great! Do you have all the remaining body parts painted and ready to go?
Keep posting your progress.
Duane

I have the rest of the body parts ready to go.  

She fired up for the first time and fired on all four. Didn't even need the choke! It felt pretty great to hear my first full engine rebuild fire up and run like it should!

A sale may already be in the works, as a German fellow who exports bikes and cars from the states is very interested in buying it when I'm done.  He stopped by the shop to talk with one of the mechanics, saw my bike and fell in love with it. I have plenty left to do, but in the grand scale of things it's a small percentage of the work I've done.  Once I broke it down, I basically had a frame, a few good bolts, and two wheel hubs to start this project.  It was never going to be an all original bike, so I'm very happy with how it's turning out.  

greggo325

• View Profile
Here it is running nicely, but I need to turn down the idle.  The 2-3 coil went bad, so I'm hoping for a replacement and swapped in a used but nice looking stock coil.

greggo325

• View Profile
I took my first ride on 4286 after a year long restoration!  I still have a few last bits to finish (like the fender stays and tank emblems/trim), but it felt great to shift into all five gears after a motor rebuild ;D

greggo325

• View Profile
The motor ended up leaking from the cam pucks, and had to be pulled.  After installing helicoils in all 12 of the cam tower bolt holes, It's back up and running.

I still need a few last touches, but I'm just about there.

I went from this:

To this:

I think I'll cut a hole in some newspaper for masking and touch up the exhaust baffles with some black paint.

patriotcommercial

• View Profile

DW69K0

• View Profile
Looks awesome, what a great transformation!
DW