Honda CB750 Sandcast

Project CB750-1004286

greggo325 · 52 · 38234

greggo325

• View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving!!  I got a chance to check out my painted and clear coated parts that the painter dropped off.  I think the gloss level is just right, and he was able to fix up my center stand bracket.

My Yamiya stuff came in

MarkB let me know how to check for the original 10mm crank, and this one does indeed have the 17mm bolt, signifying the 10mm hole :D

greggo325

• View Profile
Clear coated hubs to get laced up this weekend

UK Pete

• View Profile
Thats all looking good greggo, when you get your stuff from yamiya do you get stung for import tax, i just did, i got charged £80 on a £320 order,bloody outrageous
pete

greggo325

• View Profile
Thats all looking good greggo, when you get your stuff from yamiya do you get stung for import tax, i just did, i got charged £80 on a £320 order,bloody outrageous
pete

Thanks Pete.  I did have to pick it up from the post office instead of being delivered to the house, but there was no import tax.  At 25%, I shudder to think of what that adds to a set of exhaust pipes :o

greggo325

• View Profile
I've had some more progress with the sub assemblies.  The wheels are laced up, and my forks are nearly together.  I need the right pliers for the bottom clip on the tubes.  Also replacing the bottom damper bolts and crush washers for peace of mind.

greggo325

• View Profile
Well, look at what showed up in the mail yesterday, it's the never ending project!!  This one needs a full rebuild with fresh everything :o

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Well, look at what showed up in the mail yesterday, it's the never ending project!!  This one needs a full rebuild with fresh everything :o

Being the owner of a sandcast is like to suffer in Paradise.

Marcello

greggo325

• View Profile

Being the owner of a sandcast is like to suffer in Paradise.

Marcello

Ha, yes!  And working in a shop filled with old VW and Porsche cars, and $50K tool chest is simply awful ;D ;D ;D

greggo325

• View Profile
I haven't posted here in a while, but I got the motor painted, rebuilt, and installed in the frame!

UK Pete

• View Profile
Great work greggo , fitting the engine that way is by far the easiest
Keep up the good work fella
Pete

greggo325

• View Profile
Thanks Pete!

I had a little more progress today, and took a shot at spiffing up one of the oil lines by hitting the fitting on the wire wheel, then shot the braided line with some black paint.  I think it turned out nice!  I'll clean the other next week and get them installed with the oil tank.

Before:

After:

Exhaust spigots installed with new screws and crush gaskets:

Figured out that I just needed the end caps to get the swing arm spacing, so I got that back in the frame as well (I'm using the top hat bushings, and wasn't sure which pieces I needed, and how to get the spacing right)

UK Pete

• View Profile
Nice work on the oil line, will you protect the metal parts with laquer or something else?
pete

greggo325

• View Profile
I didn't really think about coating the metal Pete..I hope it will be okay.  Maybe I will hit them with some metal polish.

I got my tires put on, finished the front forks, and turned the bike into a roller finally. 

greggo325

• View Profile
Current project next to the new project ;D

Got a CL72 today!  It was pretty much free...motor's locked up, so we pulled the plugs and sprayed Kroil down the cylinders.

Worked on the sandcast also.  Installed the starter motor, cam chain tensioner, exhaust pipes, headlight bucket, and a few odds and ends.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Looking great! Do you have all the remaining body parts painted and ready to go?
Keep posting your progress.
Duane