Honda CB750 Sandcast

Which exhausts

UK Pete

• View Profile
Reading through it seems that my october 69 diecast could have come with either no number exhausts or HM 300 exhausts, DSS have started supplying HM300 pipes again BUT they are outrageously priced now, they have virtually doubled in price over two years,
I have 3 options for my K0 , 1 is the no number from yamiya but would this be correct for my october 69 bike ?
2 HM 300 HONDA pipes now dearer than YAMIYA,
option 3 wait till DSS starts to supply HM300 copies which he was apparently looking in to doing some time this year
option 4 buy the very well priced HM341 DSS copy pipes and drill the baffles out and try to convert them to HM300

Or option 5 does any one want to sell me a good HM 300 or no number system

Any thoughts or suggestions please
pete

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
10/69 models should have un-numbered 2nd type exhaust.  I had heard a while back HM300's were nla thru Honda.  There's a guy in Viet Nam who makes decent enough looking knock-offs and advertises regularly on ebay for 1695, but shipping to GB might kill his selling price.

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
option 3   ;) i think is you best bet,
option 4  :o  i would forget trying to bodge a set of 341's to look like 300's because real CB750 fans will spot them a mile away,on closer inspection they are very different inside as well as outside, if you gonna use the bike on the road you may as well fit the later pipes (341) , i have done this myself with one of my bikes its your choice really on how original you want the bike as it will all reflect on the sale price anyway this always seems to happen with projects, they either run out of money or rush to get it finished and cut corners as you can see on this site some owners here are very meticulous with their sandcasts and get them right down to the last detail, bearing in mind yours is not a sandcast and will not be the same value, you have done a pukka job so far, if it was my bike i would put a set of stamped 300 pipes on it but that's me, its your call, none of my bikes are show bikes , just there to be ridden so i don't worry to much about them being 100% original
 option 5 ::)  is a none starter you would need to give me loads of money and body parts , i have a spare set of 300 pipes, i bought them a few years ago i knew they would only go up in price or they would dry up altogether, its a good thing they are still making copies, lets hope china can cash in like Vietnam  ;)

UK Pete

• View Profile
Thanks for the replies,  i am quite serious about a decent restoration, and the more the original parts for that year the better, using the 341 pipes was not really a serious suggestion i was just throwing it out there, i want my bike to be as near to as it came out of the factory as possible and what i can realisticaly afford
i have had to compromise on the air box and side covers, but  feel that its a sensible upgrade using modern repro, but the rest of it i want right, i suppose the best bet is Yamiya, only trouble is that the import duties are going to be very steep probably making the cost well over £2000, this will keep the bikes originality value up, but takes me into the situation where i could not possible hope to get back what i put in, however the reason i got this bike is because the 69 k0 was no 1 on my have to have bike list and so i should not really care to much about cost more about having what i want, so there we go Yamiya it probably is, they always seemed the expensive option, but right now they are reasonable

BTW DSS has 6 sets of HM300 priced at £1695 +20% vat then postage  (daylight robbery if you ask me)
Pete

1941wld

• View Profile
Are you looking for an NOS set of HM300 no paragraph exhaust pipe?

UK Pete

• View Profile
yes Hm300 pipes or no number pipes whichever i can find, there is not much hope for finding a good set on ebay or else where so i am going to have to dig deep and buy from DSS or Yamiya

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Around $3500 for a set of HM300's from DSS makes no sense when Yamiya sells correct for your K0 sets of "no.no" for around $2600 including post.  

1941wld

• View Profile
UK Pete,
I have a freind who has a set of NOS HM300 no parg. pipes for sale.