Honda CB750 Sandcast

1969 K0 Diecast Members Should be Member Too

Joe K · 6 · 3358

Joe K

• View Profile
I own a 1969 CB750 K0 built 10/69. Can we be added to the Sandcast Membership with under a the title "1969 CB750 Diecast" or something like that? I think we deserve some recognition too? Suggestions?

Thank you,
Joe

736cc

• View Profile
Everyone is welcome to enjoy the website. I don't think anybody will be doing any cyber-enforcement of owners whose CB750's lack a sandcast motor. An early diecast like yours came w/ a wrinkle tank, double-cut fender, short chainguard, early candy blue-GREEN paint, rolled rear rim, plug key ignition, etc. Probably has sandcast gauge gearboxes. In fact, if you donate all those needed parts to my restoration, we'll make you VP!   ;D

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi Joe,

There has been and continues to be discussion about including "Diecast" owners with SOOC.

I think it's a good idea.

But, would need some one to volunteer to manage those pages if they are built. Would appreciate knowing in advance of building the pages, there is someone willing to step up to the plate and do the job.

As you can tell, there is only limited participation with Sandcastonly despite my repeated invitations for machine owners to get involved with the club.

SOOC website contributions need more than just me and a couple other enthusiastic member's involvement !

Several people have volunteered to manage Sandcastonly pages, however only 3 people have acutally stepped up (those three people know who they are and the others who have volunteered but not contributed YET know who they are.)

Since the inception of the website in 2004, it has always been my preference we have fellow member participation.

What we could do is have pressure cast pages exclusive to pressure cast bikes and then it would be that manager's job to decide if they wanted to keep those pages reserved for 1969 - 1970 CB750 pressure casts or if they wanted to open those pages to K1 and later bikes.

Sandcastonly it's self, will continue under the same format, so it is easy to track sandcast CB750's as well as keep information focused on the sandcast, whether that info is technical, vin tracking, member related or what have you.

Again, i think it's a great idea to include pressure cast owners with the SOOC, but in order to do that, additional pages need to be built (no problem) BUT we would need some one to step up to the plate to manage these pages, so we need a volunteer.

Joe, having some pressure cast pages is a welcome idea. Hope you would be willing to manage them. I will build the pages if you will manage them. If you want to talk to me on the phone, my number is 970.443.2432, evenings.

Web page management is easy, i can provide the instructions afer the pages are built and you would be able to manage the pressure cast related email, news, information, etc.

As an aside, expect to hear by year's end from the AMA if SOOC will be the host club for 2009 Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio.

Sincerely,

Joe K

• View Profile
736cc,

Although it would be nice to contribute to your restoration project with some of my bikes parts, I would be crazy to do so! I am busy trying to get ready for the 40th Anniversary ride from Southern California to Alabama. Who wants to join me?

Steve,

It would be an honor to manage the K0 Pressure Diecast section on the CB750 Sandcast Only web-site. Just let me know when I can get started. I look forward that this will add enrichment to the membership.

Thank you,
Joe

Joe K

• View Profile
Steve,

Is the event going to be in Alabama or Ohio for the 40th Anniversary of the CB750?

Joe

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The proposal to the AMA is to use their accomodations at Mid-Ohio. They have told us they will make a decision before year's end. As soon as we know the AMA's decision, the news, one way or another, will go public.