Honda CB750 Sandcast

1001095/E1001319 for sale - AGAIN

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Seller of this bike for the original owner's widow asked me to post this on our DB; likely will be on ebay soon.  This motorcycle has 10mm stems, 17 liter tank, #28 caps, probably original front Dunlop, a replaced rear Goodyear and some (if not all) correspondence from Honda to orig.owner.  This motorcycle appears to be an unmolested original; placed in careful storage by orig.owner from 1976 til a couple days ago.  The orig.owner continued to license the bike into the later 70's, but never put the stickers on the plate.  Seller has done minimal cleaning, does not plan to start or do anything else to the bike.  This is a fine example for our restorer's eyes to examine.  Would really be nice to see this bike close up.

http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/carlj8/library/1969%20Honda%20CB750%20Sandcast%20FOR%20SALE

http://rmn.craigslist.org/mcy/3777554554.html

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
FANTASTIC - As original as any other sandcast I have ever seen, rear tyre excepted. A couple of things caught my eye... short ferrule on tacho cable, long on speedo cable , and 3 punch marks near to engine number.
Should make real good money - original only once after all.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
All I can say is WOW  :o the air box has no frame relief, has the short choke lever and the later seat which looks near perfect. Seems to have mostly large 8 bolt heads as well, one rough oil line at least but unusual wear on the left foot peg. I certainly would like to own that.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Yes, the seller commented on the L) f.peg rubber's wear.  Wonder if it's related to footwear by rider or if the rubber simply has degraded and dropped off over the years.... ?  Would have to look at the pics to see if the R) has any wear.  I noted the 3 punch marks as well, i guess one can assume the updated cushions were used, but seems odd the 28's were not replaced.  I thought the cushions and 28 updates came out the same time and the 3 p.marks indicated both updates were done......  i'd need to look at my SB's to refresh my memory.

And, yes, i noted the later type parts.  This vin would seem to support Honda and Honda's suppliers had all their ducks in a row, from the parts manufacturing standpoint.  Guessing the Lotus Roots, LH frame are pretty much all that separates this 1xxx vins from the later 4xxx+ vins.  I was impressed by how shiny the eng.covers are and the condition of the plastic coat.  

I'm told the owner was pretty fastidious, bike's condition would support the bike was well cared for.  I would be surprised if this bike was ever ridden in the rain.

Definitely a fine example for any museum.

tomcourtney

• View Profile
Yes a big WOW what a beauty. looks to have the rounded sc speedo and tach drives, which i thought were later.TC
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

kmb69

• View Profile
Steve, Sending you a PM. Definitely interested in buying this bike. Thanks, Keith

chrisnoel

• View Profile
This is a very interesting line of photo's for us to view.  I hope this link stays available for a while or perhaps the photo's could be added to this site?   Kind of interesting to me that a Superhawk was traded in for it. 

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I agree with Chris.  This bike is an one of the best examples what these bikes looked like new.  Would be good to have these pics saved for reference.

cb7504

• View Profile
Very nice looking machine as close to correct and original from the factory as i have seen. As previously stated the pictures posted would be very good reference points during a restoration. Anybody venture to guess what the selling price will be?   

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have downloaded all of the pictures the seller posted. I'll put them up on the server with links from the BB so they can be viewed in as high of a resolution as possible. Selling price...hmmm $44,500.00. :)
[size=

benjixt

• View Profile
WOW WOW WOW

very great bike

also do you think is it the correct chain guard?? it seem to be long

thank to give me youropinion or explaim me if it"s normal

Benji

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Bowswell

• View Profile
$22000 max
cb750 k4-06/74
cb750k4 01/74
cb350f 1973
cb400T 1978
vulcan meanstreak

cb7504

• View Profile
It is not the original short chain guard, but it is the correct longer replacement for the recalled short chain guard.