Honda CB750 Sandcast

Candy blue green

UK Pete

• View Profile
Has anyone ever bought the yamiya candy blue green bodywork , is it a good colour match for the original, in the pictures it does not have the look of original in my eyes
I am trying to get a good picture for my painter who is doing my bodywork
Pete

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Pictures can be deceiving especially with this color.  What is it anyways, Blue or Green?  I think, when the color is right that is the question that it should raise.  Myself and one other member have our body work away for paint right now at Precision Motorcycle Painting in Indiana.  I personally have not seen the Yamiya body work first hand but my painter is using a Yamiya blue/green part to match the color for us.  I'll give a report with pictures as soon as I get my body work back.   

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Paint is curing so I wont see it first hand for a week but the pics look great.
Craig was also willing to install my cap and trim but I don't have them ready yet.  
He claims to have a removable rivet that wont chip the paint but I'm going to see if I can get my original to work.    

Now I'll have one motorcycle each in the two 69 Honda CB750 colors.

http://www.precisionmotorcyclepainting.com
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 09:47:58 am by chrisnoel »

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Received my parts today from the Precision Motorcycle Painting and I'm very thankful that he took the time to pack them properly.  The box with everything but the tank in it looked like it had a rough voyage the but the parts came out un-harmed.  I've learned to spend a little time with work like this before I declare that I'm pleased.  Well, I spread the parts out on my patio table, looked at them at different angles, considered problems I've encountered before and I cant find a single thing to squabble about.  The color is spot on and I consider the work to be top notch.

If your painter is looking for a part to match I'd suggest buying a Yamiya part rather than sending pictures.  I've looked at quite a few pictures of this paint job before getting the parts back and none of the pictures tell the truth.   Craig used a Yamiya head light bucket to match this paint job and he still has it for future reference. 

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good news Chris Always a moment of anxiety when you get the painted stuff back KP
Yabba Dabba KP