Honda CB750 Sandcast

My sancast project

elisent

• View Profile
I put some before PICs on my homepage of the sandcast I'm restoring. I'd love to hear anyones comments and suggestions. I'm making a double cut fender out of a single cut. My metal working guru has it and is filling in the speedo cable guide hole and cutting the front then into the chrome parts box. Has anyone reanodized parts? I'd love to hear experiances and who does this work. I need to do a master cylinder. My bike has the round earth cable. When was the flat cable stopped? I also need to know the best places to replate bolts. I believe they are zinc plated. I have experiance with cad and chrome but not Zinc. I'd really like everyones help and input. Lets get some discussion going. Eli DEAD LINK click on restoration. Eli

736cc

• View Profile
Nassau Suffolk Chromium Plating (or just about any plater) does CLEAR zinc plating by the lot. Give send them like 5 lbs of hardware, nuts, bolts, washers, screws, rear sprocket, brake stay and adjuster arm, clips, tabs, clamps, carb parts, etc and they charge about $100. Usually you send 2 batches as you forget a few things. If you get real fancy, yellow zinc some of the subtle bits like Honda did but hardly anybody noticed.
Don't powdercoat frame (problems, problems), paint it 90% gloss.
Let me know how the front fender cloning works-out, I need it, too asap!

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Something I noticed about double cut fenders. Looks like they were cut and then rolled. Not rolled and then cut. Take a look under an original and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you are going for a good forgerie it might make the difference.

elisent

• View Profile
I hate calling them forgeries. These are resto parts. I'm still waiting for my metal guy to finish the fender. A restoration is way different than all original. Eli