Honda CB750 Sandcast

Gas fuel cap latch

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Someone can tell me where i can buy a gas fuel cap latch, part number 17517-300-300 , or can post a photo. Seems that all the latchs one ebay are the 17517-300-340 part , or not?

Thanks.

Marcello

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i believe yamiya sells a high quality single action latch complete assembly; i purchased their assembly a few years back.

they don't specify single action, so you may want to ask them before purchasing.....

http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=144_156&products_id=655

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Steve;

I corfirmed with Yamiya and the cap latch they sell is the single action latch, made with antimon.

Thanks.

Marcello

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
yes, as i recall, i could not tell difference between original and yamiya.  good to have spare latch, in case one breaks, the antimon (what we call pot metal) is brittle and if treated roughly or exposed to elements, can break.

there is a guy on ebay who manfactures gorgeous stainless steel latch kits.  alas, his lathces are not single action.  while superior in material to original, they do not look exactly like original.  i bought one to see what they are like and with the idea the latch could possibly be modified to single action.  none the less, a gorgeous assembly.

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Steve,

I bought from yamiya, i am looking 100% originality.

Thanks.

Marcello