Honda CB750 Sandcast

For Marcello....

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
ok, i know this bike is not pertinent to this site, but anyway.....  here goes.  Don't feel bad about your sandcast, Marcello.  I'm starting out with a decent engine, transmission, frame, front and rear hubs and a nice set of original tanks as the basis for a 1927 Harley Davidson restoration project.  I know KP's gonna chime in here, i can "Harley" wait !  Along with the other Harley admirers.  ok.  ok.  My Dad bought one new.  I want to experience what he experienced.  I've already spent more money than i can keep track of.  But, i've got alot more parts than i started out with !  Beautiful perfect large and small reproduction parts are available and not unreasonably priced.  And, there are other parts that cost very dear !  And parts, at this point in time, i have no idea where i will find them.  Here's a couple pictures, one of the bike when i bought it and one of a set of forks i am rebuilding.  And, one of my Dad on his 27.  I'm into the passion of the project; keeping track of what i spend takes the fun out of it.

Well, shucks.  my pictures are too big.  i'll try posting one of what i started with.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No my good friend I'll not slag off at your Hardley-a-Bike. Whatever floats your boat I understand is the saying. I do believe however, you need to think about the challenge ahead. I doubt I have the initiative or dedication for such a project. Is the engine in that frame a sand cast engine? :o
Yabba Dabba KP

markb

• View Profile
Nice.  Looks like a great project and there's nothing wrong with it being a Harley.  I get it.  ;)
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thanks, guys.  i appreciate it.  Pretty much all the parts the bike is made of are sandcast.   it was the common method of the day, then.  i found a set of forks not without problems, but not insurmountable.  i have everything i need to lace up wheels.  and, sheetmetal, correct carb, generator.  and all the parts to rebuild the transmission and clutch.  so, i've found and collected quite a bit i'm off to a good start.  my list of what i need is not that long, but it is of the more obscure parts.

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Dear Steve, thanks for the encouragement, you really have a big challenge ahead that only men with your ability and dedication can overcome.

Congratulations.

Marcello