Honda CB750 Sandcast

My Sandcast Story (long)

deacon · 6 · 2219

deacon

• View Profile
First off I am not a rich collector. I have worked for one company for 29 yrs. I started there @ $11,500 a year in 1978. With inflation my salary today is worth about the same. I sold a lot of things to buy this bike.
It was 1970 and I took my 1969 CL450 to the local Honda dealer looking for something new. He suggested I test ride a used CB750 he took in on trade. One ride was all it took. The effortless smooth power pulled like a freight train. Each gear I shifted felt stronger than the last one. I rode that 69' 750 all over Florida that year.
I got a call from my ex-girlfriend in NJ in Sept and she said she wanted to see me again. I had moved to FL because we broke up and I wanted to start new. I strapped a pack to the fender of my sandcast and took off from Pompano beach Fla headed for NJ. I had to take RT 301 most of the way because I-95 wasn't there yet. What a ride it was! I held that bike @100MPH whenever I thought I could get away with it, those beautiful blue green gauges staring back out at me in the night. 28 Hours later non-stop, except to pee and for Gas I arrived.
My girl said I needed a car and bike had to go. I traded it in for a stupid OPEL cadet. Girl dumped me again and I lost my bike too. Fast forward
35 yrs. I got the girl back. Now I wanted my Sandcast back too. I read about Vic World and contacted him. We made a deal and he built the bike. Me and the girl broke up again this October.
I still have my Sandcast and I won't let her go this time around for no one.
---Got the bike---got the girl---lost the bike--lost the girl---got the girl--got the bike--lost the girl--still got the bike.

Bickle

Love it...great story......a sandcast...while fickle at times...will never be as bad as a woman...........and you can ride it longer too  ;)

cb7504

• View Profile
Excellent story, I think it's great especially when the guy keeps the sand cast in the end.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Deacon, Only problem as I see it is you made the same mistake twice. The Sandcast wasn't one of them thank the Lord. There are many positives to owning a Sandcast (or any bike for that matter). It don't say no when you want to throw your leg over it, it don't talk back, it won't ever stop you having a beer, its shoes are way cheaper and you can park it in the living room if you want.
Mate, you are way better off  ;D KP
Yabba Dabba KP

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
 ;) this reminds me why i love spaghetti westerns so much ::) Clint your the man, :) i am still on my first wife cant afford to change her, i told her there wont be another woman coming over my doorstep if she ever goes, i got eleven motorbikes so she knows her place i think , i had bikes before the Mrs and i told her they will be here after her and me ,but you do need to remind them from time to time, so i bought a 1200 bandit three weeks ago   ;D

apexhntr

• View Profile
The nicest people ride Honda's....what wrong with her?  Good idea to keep the bike this time.  As a Buddy used to say years ago before any if us twenty year olds (back then) were married.  "Why buy a cow when milk is so cheap".  So Deacon the Sandcast can't be replaced but the woman can....that can be a hard lession as your story demonstrates.  Thanks for sharing it with us.